Our ex-so-called president

What’s the problem?

During the reign of Queen Elizabeth 1, members of the aristocracy were being funded by Spain to try and defeat her government. Did she whinge about Spanish interference in elections? Of course not. Snowflakes! Fake News!

This post brought to you by the member of Trump’s entourage who can both read and write.

6 Likes

Oh, I didn’t think so.

History will not be kind to Trump. Eventually. I am just afraid that it might take quite a while.

5 Likes

The only transparency the current POTUS seems to understand is that of a see-through blouse.

8 Likes

There are historians who currently think Trump is awesome?

8 Likes

This is how I feel about the current POTUS and his Administration:
“It’s an affront to the very delicacy of my nature.”

2 Likes

That’s interesting. That seemed to download (unbidden) instead of playing. (Mobile site, but not app) - is that happening to anyone else?

ETA: A refresh tried to trigger the download again. That might just have found a security hole in chrome for android. Odd.

1 Like

Yes, I got a download pop-up as well on page load.

Did the same to my PC. OOPS! Forgive me? I was just so excited to find a clip of that quote.

I’ve posted a bug report on it [in the site management category] - whatever you do shouldn’t be able to trigger an arbitrary file download unprompted, simply by viewing your reply.

(Note, no fault of yours here - I’m really surprised that either Discourse or Chrome allowed it.)

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I’m using Chrome, but I’m not very familiar with what it ought and ought not do.
I just know it’s s’posed to be better than Firefox or Explorer. I’d better talk to my son and get schooled, lol.

3 Likes

At least, unlike Churchill, there is no likelihood that he will write it.

(Churchill’s history books are, I am sure, part of the explanation of the Leave vote and the nonsense about the “special relationship”, which usually comes down to “this is my US arse, kiss it.”)

3 Likes

Come now, he’s not history. Yet. Unfortunately.

5 Likes

Hey, it’s not just you guys, either. That marx quote has become something of a mantra lately.

8 Likes

None that I know?

2 Likes

Some people don’t have a lot of love for twitter, but Don Jr’s email tweets are a crowd-pleaser

4 Likes
6 Likes

They forgot fact #6: He likes taking selfies. Like, a lot of selfies.

3 Likes

But his emails

6 Likes

The release of those emails is the clearest sign possible that they are completely unconcerned by legal consequences. For good reason.

In the unlikely event that Don Jr is convicted of anything, he’d just be pardoned by Don Sr.

America is not a rule-of-law democracy any more.

7 Likes

The President can only pardon federal offenses. If treason is defined by congress instead, Donny Tiny Hands can’t do shit.

2 Likes