Our ex-so-called president

Because we need a garbage bin.

Let’s start with this excellent news.

9 Likes

Either 45’s days in office are numbered, or Congress is about to descend to new depths of cowardice and hypocrisy.

I’m not placing any bets on which way it goes.

11 Likes

That was surreal.

5 Likes

This whole Trump movement has me thinking…

There’s no other logical explanation.

8 Likes

I don’t get why this is “bombshell” material. Seems like his has been out for awhile, albeit in rumor form.

5 Likes

10 Likes

Reading some headlines, I’m presented with the image of several vermin sensing impending disaster, with more to follow.

The bombshell may well be that the GOP are surprised that its voters demand representation and response, as if doing anything and everything illegal to win wasn’t enough for the base. Jason Chaffetz was surprised to see so many constituents clamoring for him to DO HIS JOB that weeks later he announced his resignation. A Georgia Senator is blocking constituents who ask for a Town Hall. If someone can assault a reporter the day before election and still win, why, certainly evasion from the people who one works for must be acceptable!

8 Likes

Because they want you to tune in for the live broadcast. CNN in particular has been really shouty about it.

5 Likes

http://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/04/04/the-monster-isnt-beneath-the-bed/

6 Likes

Wasn’t that the idea?

7 Likes

I think the shooting of Republican Congressmen today will change things - A LOT.

4 Likes

I see the silencer bill got dropped. But I’m not sure this will roll back the awful rhetoric we’ve been experiencing. I hope so, though.

3 Likes

Well sure, 2nd amendment solutions are only a good thing when Democrats are in office… and fuck me for being this cynical about it.

7 Likes

I don’t blame you one bit. Me, I’m seeing myself and my son fleeing the country - I don’t know how, but I’m beginning to be afraid that my way of thinking is going to get me killed someday.

Actually, with the current political climate, I’m beginning to be afraid of a LOT of things.

8 Likes

I rarely talk about my actual views on the world, in real life. I’m honest here only because I’m “two turkeys in a meadow somewhere in the rural midwest.” When my name is attached, I fear for what happens they start locking people up for thinking wrongly, or writing a political poem, or just not toeing the party line.

7 Likes

i think you’re right to be cynical about it. the angle i saw earlier was the whole “thank god good guys with guns were present to take out the bad guy!” – completely side-stepping the fact that the “good guys with guns” were trained, licensed professionals, not local vigilante types.

i’m busy being angry that some are trying to use this to smear bernie sanders, when anyone who has listened to sanders for any length of time knows that he has never professed violence as a solution to anything (unlike trump, cough), and why he should be answerable for one supporter who happened to volunteer for his campaign at some point last year i’ll never know.

10 Likes

Same feeling here.

I think this will just make the right more unhinged except now, they’ll think it’s okay to shoot “liberals” cause “they shot first!”.

fuck me twice for being this cynical.

11 Likes

@TobinL
@CameronH1403

You want cynical? I’ll give you some cynical:
Too bad it wasn’t a GOP vs NRA baseball game.

8 Likes

I would pay money to watch that with a pool on the side for what time the NRA starts shooting.

5 Likes

Maybe when they get out of the hospital they’ll tell us how their heavily-subsidized ACA health insurance failed them.

4 Likes