Our ex-so-called president

Yep, and that’s saying a lot

2 Likes

Why? I don’t mind a bit. If anybody deserves all the snark, it’s the Toddler-In-Chief.

6 Likes

Trump is the most embarrassing and incompetent, but I’d say GWB did more evil and damage.

I mean, there is a reason “Should we close our extrajudicial torture camps?” is a question we have to debate now. Not closing them is bad, but creating them was worse.

12 Likes

Trump is the monster that the GOP created. They shouldn’t be surprised that he is president, and if we’ve been paying attention, neither should we.

8 Likes

Yup.

Although I am concerned he’s there all by himself. I’m hoping when he says he’s all alone, he’s being a snob and not counting the “little people” who are aiding/babysitting him.

7 Likes

I don’t even think he’s aware of their existence. He thinks he does it all and they don’t even exist because he has delusions of adequacy.

8 Likes

Apparently he claims he’s negotiating contracts for the wall… Is he just ignoring the budget process, and the contracts process, to get his racist wall going, and get some kickbacks too?

5 Likes

If the wall is built like all of his other buildings, it will be poorly maintained and nobody will pay for it.

10 Likes

At minimum, he’s in the pocket of Russia, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Israel. (Talk about awkward combinations!) That’s just tracing his business interests - following the money (or financial dependencies), so to speak.

12 Likes
3 Likes

Probably, and I do snark well, I just don’t feel good about posting it. And my earlier comment (now gone) was shitty by anyone’s standards.

Let’s just say I hope he has the Christmas he deserves.

4 Likes

First, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin tweeted a quote purportedly from Trump himself, declaringthat “I never suggested firing Chairman Jay Powell, nor do I believe I have the right to do so.”

Call me crazy, but Trump seems to know his way around Twitter. If that’s really what he believes, he certainly has the means to deliver the message himself. The fact that he didn’t was less than reassuring. (In fact, Trump continued cyber-bullying the Fed on Monday, further spooking markets.)

Then Mnuchin decided to make made things worse.

On Sunday, he released a seemingly panicked statement urging the public not to panic. From his Mexican golf vacation, Mnuchin had called heads of our biggest banks and then told the world that these banks had enough liquidity to continue lending. He also announced an emergency Christmas Eve convening of the “Plunge Protection Team,” which includes heads of the Fed, Securities and Exchange Commission and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission.

I cannot sufficiently stress how amateurish it was for Mnuchin to make this announcement.

If markets were worried about anything, it was Trump’s scheme to fire Powell, not bank liquidity — until Mnuchin suggested they should be worried about bank liquidity. The whole episode was like going to your doctor for a heart attack and being told not to worry because he knows how to treat brain cancer.

11 Likes

Clearly he’s never had any part in actually raising his children.

11 Likes
6 Likes

10 Likes
9 Likes

Say goodbye to your home planet, suckas!

7 Likes

Once you decide that:

1. These are the end times.

2. Environmentalism is a false religion.

3. You must oppose false religions to be saved.

4. You will be raptured if saved.

… This shit follows.

9 Likes

I wish the End Times would happen…only issue is all of the “Christians” would still be here afterwards…

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it be great if all the innocent were the only ones raptured, and everyone who created these apocalyptic conditions would be left to deal with the (literal) fallout?

8 Likes