Our ex-so-called president

I would loudly be waving “Bye, Felicia” without shame.

6 Likes

Even though you’re the one leaving?

I thought Felicia was the one leaving…

1 Like

I think us Jews also make the cut because they need us to get the whole thing kickstarted. That’s why the Evangelicals love them some Israel.

10 Likes
5 Likes

Yawn.

3 Likes

The idea of Mitt Romney doing anything ever that might be called “fierce” seems… unlikely.

10 Likes

I don’t see the look, for one, just a silent flat stare while strapping down the family dog.

4 Likes

Anyone that resists Trump is better than utter acquiescence that congressional Republicans have displayed until now.

5 Likes

The question is, is Romney going to actually resist him, or just condemn him in the press to score a few points, and then vote for everything* that Trump tells him to?

Just kidding; we all know that that’s not really in question.

*Except, maybe, on rare occasions, but only ever when his vote will make no difference to the end result

5 Likes

Let’s just hope the essay changes a few minds.

Changes their minds to what, though?

I finally read that essay, and all I see is the same old garbage: there’s nothing wrong with what Trump’s doing, just what he’s saying.

His early appointments of Rex Tillerson, Jeff Sessions, Nikki Haley, Gary Cohn, H.R. McMaster, Kelly and Mattis were encouraging.

It is not that all of the president’s policies have been misguided. He was right to align U.S. corporate taxes with those of global competitors, to strip out excessive regulations, to crack down on China’s unfair trade practices, to reform criminal justice and to appoint conservative judges. These are policies mainstream Republicans have promoted for years. But policies and appointments are only a part of a presidency.

The world needs American leadership, and it is in America’s interest to provide it.

And, to conclude:

I remain optimistic about our future. In an innovation age, Americans excel. More importantly, noble instincts live in the hearts of Americans. The people of this great land will eschew the politics of anger and fear if they are summoned to the responsibility by leaders in homes, in churches, in schools, in businesses, in government — who raise our sights and respect the dignity of every child of God — the ideal that is the essence of America.

Horseshit, all of it, and beaten from a long-dead horse at that.

12 Likes

Thank you for reading that pile of shit so I don’t have to.

6 Likes

I withdraw my optimism!

4 Likes

I’d say “you’re welcome,” but that would obligate me to read the next batch of horseshit, so I won’t.

4 Likes

starting tomorrow, he’ll have six years to prove us wrong.

It would have been different if this was a parting blow, or he had merely come out of retirement. Perhaps he means to run again in 2020.

3 Likes

Evergreen:

11 Likes

“Computer boards” are tablets, I guess? Or were the good-looking generals waving around motherboards from PCs for some reason? Arduino shields? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7 Likes

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dv7ndsCUcAE2pxC?format=jpg&name=900x900

10 Likes

My first thought was some kind of BBS system.

2 Likes

I thought that they meant board members of a tech company.

2 Likes