Our ex-so-called president

5 Likes

He’s becoming his own personal North Korea.

4 Likes

At what point do we prevent it becoming our North Korea?

5 Likes

Republican primaries, 2016.

4 Likes

I said we. Given the raft of shit they’re giving Romney for testing the waters, they’re not our we.

2 Likes

So the Mystery Corporation lost their supreme court case.

2 Likes

It’s a libertarian utopia.

12 Likes
11 Likes
9 Likes

I finally figured out who’s playing the good guy in that! It’s Robert Culp, who also played Bill “scenario” Maxwell on Greatest American Hero.

4 Likes

Saw this comment about dumpster’s temper tantrums about the wall:

“[Trump] needs to hold his breath until America turns blue.”

10 Likes

Carter offered peanuts.

Reagan offered jelly beans.

Trump offers Butterfingers.

Appropriate.

4 Likes

6 Likes

“In Dr. Johnson’s famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit it is the first.” – Ambrose Bierce

14 Likes

“POLITICS (n) - A strike of interests masquerading as a contest of principles. The conduct of public affairs for private advantage.” - Ambrose Bierce

11 Likes

Funny! (The Chicago Tribune has X number of free articles per month, so if you think you might run up against that, open in an incognito window):

5 Likes
6 Likes

It reminds me of that time when we were first married and a small fire broke out in our cabin. You remember that day, my love? You remained calm and smartly went about finding a good contractor while I walked past the fire station and into town to obtain the necessary permits. We waited three weeks for construction to begin and then stood by as a beautiful wall was built around the cinders of our home. We never had to worry about that fire again, as our monthslong response ensured there was nothing left to burn.

7 Likes

That whole article is priceless.

3 Likes

Some timely Donald Trump quotes:

About walls:

Never, ever give up. Don’t give up. Don’t allow it to happen. If there’s a concrete wall in front of you, go through it, go over it, go around it. But get to the other side of that wall.

About government shutdowns:

When they talk about the government shutdown, they’re going to be talking about the president of the United States, who the president was at that time. They’re not going to be talking about who was the head of the House, the head the Senate, who’s running things in Washington. So I really think the pressure is on the president.

15 Likes