Our ex-so-called president

He’s a greedy thieving scumbag so he’s right where he wants to be.

5 Likes
14 Likes

I’m reminded of “Jazz” from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

“All part of my plan.”

2 Likes

Despite Fox’s happy coverage, the righties on reddit are really not happy, and they know that Trump caved. And then there’s Ann Coulter

7 Likes

Since the topic’s likely going to keep rearing its head, here’s a thread from someone running the numbers in relation to the wall, complete with cited sources (in a twitter thread!)

It’s always fun when the blustering bullies start turning on each other.

10 Likes

He is going through the most expensive divorce in recorded history, so yeah, he’s probably gonna want even more help hiding his money.

7 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/he-argued-that-gay-marriage-was-unconstitutional-now-trump-wants-him-on-the-federal-bench/2019/01/25/e4cfb1e6-049b-11e9-9122-82e98f91ee6f_story.html

The Republicans have been packing the courts for decades. They’re still packing the courts. They brag about electing Trump so he could continue to pack the courts.

But pundits are shocked, shocked by the suggestion that if Democrats win the unelected branches in the near future, they may retaliate in kind and horror of horrors, pack the courts.

Well, if they’re so concerned, I propose an alternative: have the house unilaterally demand fair elections for the senate and presidency, and take over court nominations until then. No more packing that way.

7 Likes

I said yesterday that the conservatives on Reddit were upset with the way Trump caved. It’s unusual for them to be so down on him like they are in this recent thread. It’s schadenfreude posts like this one that keep me delving onto the conservative media outlets.

7 Likes

I’m interested to see what his approval ratings do.

3 Likes

That’s an interesting read.

3 Likes

8 Likes

So far they’ve dropped below 40% and are steadily dropping, but I doubt they’ll be below 35% for long or even at all. His approval ratings are pretty much a solid 35-45% with not much variation. Compare this to George W Bush, who had both the highest and the lowest approval ratings recorded for any president.

4 Likes

I dunno.

Trump has a very loyal base, but not much support beyond it. If he manages to alienate that base, he could make GWB at his least popular look like Obama on inauguration day.

3 Likes

I’m really curious about this. I’m inclined to agree with this:

But I also think that as soon as Trump comes up with some farkakte new racism, they’ll all forget and he’ll have his base back.

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/williamlegate/status/1088775356926967808

16 Likes

And that base is approximately 35 percent of the country. Scary, huh?

Like that bullshit about prayer rugs found along the Mexican border? It doesn’t even have to make the smallest remotest amount of sense, but as soon as he starts talking that shit, it scares all the tighty whities into rallying around him

8 Likes

It’s been hovering around the 40 percent mark since the inauguration. I’m afraid that we may need to actually test the “kill a man on 5th Avenue” scenario.

5 Likes
5 Likes

A former director of The Nixon library distances himself from Roger Stone.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/01/27/how-did-roger-stone-survive-watergate/?utm_term=.a6a7b68c26f4

1 Like
9 Likes