Our ex-so-called president

A very well-written article.

5 Likes

My educated guess is that he won’t resign, but only because he’ll drag this mess out until 2020. He won’t run again, and will think it’s his idea to not run again. Mike Pence and/or Lindsay Graham wil run in his stead, and they will get slaughtered by whichever absolute fucking lightweight the Democrats decide to run.

3 Likes

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/26/688976773/hispanic-owned-beer-company-brews-resistance-to-trump-presidency

4 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t know if I can take another two years of this bullshit.

9 Likes
11 Likes

This tweet made me wonder: has the awfulness of Trump finally convinced some people (who needed convincing) that maybe, just maybe, there are worse things than a woman president?

5 Likes

So apparently Trump is getting a lot of his … pseudofactomorphs … from Sicario: Day of the Soldado. Anyone know what’s going on?

3 Likes

Saw that too, but I’ve been away from the computer all day so I haven’t had a chance to check it out. Why in the world would a guy in his 70s who’s glued to Fox News be watching a B movie (C? D?) like that? There’s got to be more to the story.

3 Likes

I figure he outsources some of his stupidity. Rotten Tomatoes says that the first movie is pretty good, though the sequel is dramatically less so.

2 Likes

and, maybe, just maybe, an actual leftist president?

3 Likes

Sounds like Trump’s sort of movie.

As to whether he discovered it himself or if it was fed to him by one of his toadies, who knows?

5 Likes

Tuesday Movie Nights with Stephen Miller is on his agenda.

5 Likes

Arguing that Trump (etc.) isn’t a baby, but rather an “old boy”:

9 Likes

American exceptionalism at it’s anti-intellectual best.

7 Likes

Interesting comparison of anti-government shutdown bills in congress:

The article rightly points out that an automatic continuing resolution during stalled debate may lead republicans to just let the gummint run along at a constant level of funding – essentially continuing automatic sequestration. My favorite idea is to slightly increase government funding if agreement isn’t reached – taking it away from current and future Congress members’ income. But that’s not one in any of the bills before Congress.

6 Likes
6 Likes

Don’t let him watch “Gilligan’s Island.”

Those poor white people!

8 Likes

8 Likes
5 Likes