Our ex-so-called president

On that front I’m more fond of the “uncorrected vision” theory – that he’s too vain to wear glasses. That would also explain things like his aversion to going down stairs by himself, the giant handwriting, and his penchant for ignoring direction gestures made by security staff – not just a “no, I wanna go this way”, but going the wrong way and showing no indication he ever saw the person trying to give him directions.

But again, he’s had people doing things for him his entire life, so he has no idea how this plays to the rest of the world.

14 Likes

3 Likes

It depends how far along they are. Dementia can be very slow and painful. During the first few years, it can easily be mistaken for anything else. Trump definitely looks to me like he’s in the early stages of Alzheimer’s, and it’s getting progressively worse.

And these interactions are getting weirder and weirder.

Also check out how he speaks today versus how he spoke 20, 10, or even 5 years ago. Not only are his sentence structure and vocabulary way worse than they used to be, his thoughts are noticeably more incoherent. Whatever this is, it’s progressing.

AHAHAHA no he wouldn’t. None of them would. They all have to keep this fecal exhibition running and not try to make waves.

Besides, Reagan had Alzheimer’s when he was president, and there are a few sitting senators who apparently have Alzheimer’s, although I don’t know the names of these senators.

I’m not sure on this. My guess is that he was never much of a reader, and the dementia (yes, I’m convinced it’s dementia) is only making this worse.

8 Likes

My experience with seniors in general and those with dementia in particular is that they are very good at covering up their deficiencies by using really vague terms - like, my grandmother used to ask, “How’s your sweetie?” because she couldn’t remember my husband’s name or if he was my husband. Like, how Trump says everything is “great” and “the best.” Who can complain, really, about that? And then also that they will say they meant to do that, or they mistook one thing for another - the stuff we all do to cover up little mistakes but they do it a lot more. He definitely shows signs of this kind of behavior, and I wonder how much people are covering for him at this stage. Like, in France, not going to the WW1 memorial. Was he having a bad day? Is that why he didn’t go? Seems like he is gone more and more from a lot of daily events, and his interviews have become even more fact free than ever.

11 Likes

I find this particularly messed up.

7 Likes

I’m starting to think “electability” is a myth.

A rancid potato should have beaten Trump, and yet here we are.

12 Likes

I think we got both.

8 Likes

Competent centrists never win, and if they do win, they don’t accomplish much on their own and they are widely unpopular.

6 Likes

47% of eligible voters are already saying they’d vote for absolutely anyone else over Trump.

They could run Bozo the Clown against Trump and be “electable.” They won in 2008 by being inspiring: that’s what they need in 2018.

6 Likes

But, what if it was a FEMALE rancid potato?

11 Likes

Well, if it had been Betsy “Rancid Potato” Devos vs Hilary Clinton, Devos probably would have won.

5 Likes

So, not really like Trump at all, then.

3 Likes

Why? They didn’t for Reagan.

8 Likes

Maybe you guys are right, and I have too much faith in Graham. His behavior since McCain died is inexplicable to me.

4 Likes

Yes, this is an actual movie.

3 Likes
5 Likes

IMDb gives a whopping 1.5 stars. And isn’t it interesting how the data are bimodal. Zealots and normal people, I guess.

3 Likes

Trimodal. There seems to be a few freaks giggling at 8.

1 Like

4 Likes

9 Likes