Our ex-so-called president

(sticky elements)

https://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/2019/03/the-tough-people-concern-grows-over-trumps-threat-he-has-support-of-police-military-bikers-for-trump/

6 Likes

Funny how neocon libertarian types are all about independence until either they or one of their family members need help.

8 Likes
3 Likes

What a bloody fucking difference 70 years makes.

2 Likes

(posted in the wrong thread a moment ago)

13 Likes

It’s been very touch and go these last couple of years when they get to the question about feelings of depression.

10 Likes

I think we’re all in that boat, together. {{hugs}}

10 Likes

“Trump is still in office,” is my anxiety’s 3 am wake-up call.

10 Likes

How do you tell the difference between whether you might be depressed, or have just lost belief in any decent future? Honest question.

9 Likes

Is there a difference at all? Depression can be situational (and thoroughly justified), I think.

6 Likes

I’d say that depression is the irrational loss of belief in a decent future. “Irrational” in the sense that, while the initial cause of despair might make sense, the brain catastrophizes and otherwise exaggerates the negatives to the point of total hopelessness.

If a pill or cognitive behavioral technique or mediating or yoga, or whatever coping strategy works for you, can present you with renewed hope for a decent future, that’s depression. If you are seeing the future with a clear head but still are hopeless, then that’s something different.

Of course, telling the difference from within your own head, when we’re especially bad at self-diagnosing irrationality, is nearly impossible.

8 Likes

This was written at the end of the Bush era, but… it all comes around again:

Everybody say, "Hey, clown, 
we're gonna put you in the ground."
We had it all and then you threw it all away.
Everybody say, "Hey, clown,
you turned our happy upside down,
we're gonna burn your flag and piss on your parade."
Piss on your parade!
1 Like

I’m thinking that telling the difference from outside might occasionally be equally hard.

4 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted before, but I can’t find it if it has.

11 Likes

That’s an excellent synopsis!

8 Likes

Right up until it said to follow the likes of Louise Mensch and TrueFactsStated. Those two are known conspiracy theorist con artists.

Don’t know much about the others.

5 Likes
4 Likes

That is…odd.

1 Like

Huh, I didn’t recognize any of the names (bellingcat rings a bell (so to speak), but I couldn’t give any description of why).

1 Like

An organisation of “independent” journalists who (a) recieve funding from the US government via the NED, and (b) tend to produce journalism that happens to align with the goals of the US State Department.

3 Likes