Our ex-so-called president

I realise that it’s the Grauniad and they have their own axe to grind. They clearly picked and chose the interviewees to generate as much outrage as possible and I guess my post is proof that this sort of thing works.

The thing is though, even if they interviewed a thousand people and only quoted the ten or twelve fuckwits in this article, the scary thing is that not only do these fuckwits exist, they will continue to lap up horseshit for as long as it is fed to them.

To the extent that Trump understands the willful self-delusion of his core voters, he’s a masterful politician. In every other aspect, he’s literally the worst thing since Mussolini. How am I supposed to engage with people who think “Mussolini made the trains run on time and it’s just left-wing bias that says he was a colossal piece of shit”? Fuck those guys, seriously.

[Deep breath]

/Rant

4 Likes

“Yeh, but what about the Weimar Republic’s emails??”

OK, I’m done now.

/Rant

10 Likes

You’re not. For all intents and purposes they’re mentally ill. It’s a waste of time to reason with people who stopped developing at age nine.

They want to drag you down and you can’t let them.

7 Likes

“You did an appropriate thing! Appropriate is not a good look for me! Sad!!!”

5 Likes
7 Likes

You aren’t supposed to engage with them.

You don’t beat fascists with persuasion. Not much chance of restraining them with laws, either.

You beat fascists with numbers. And it is going to require bodies in the street and a willingness to defy the riot squad.

4 Likes

No one has time for the Randian psychopathic bullshit. I’m not even convinced they themselves believe it. It’s like the mating cry of the bullshit warbler. They are trying to find out if you are one of them or one of us. If you agree then you say one thing, if you disagree you say what any sensible adult says. Or at least you give that blank look that says “I’m on the clock, so I can’t speak my mind, but you’re an asshole.”

8 Likes

“It is proper, constitutional, and legal for a federal grand jury to indict a sitting president for serious criminal acts that are not part of, and are contrary to, the president’s official duties,” the Starr office memo concludes.

8 Likes

A quick accidental survey of Facbook friends showed the reality is surprisingly close to $12/day.

7 Likes

Like Dewey refused to play the Communist card against Truman?

Why get down in the gutter with guttersnipes? A dirty victory? Um…I sure as hell hope not.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Don’t make me mute you

7 Likes

Merely citing an overt example of Randian BS.

4 Likes

He reminds me of this fellow:

1 Like

Don’t let it happen again

2 Likes

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/uw-professor-got-it-right-on-trump-so-why-is-he-being-ignored/

8 Likes

This is a telling little detail of Trump’s life.
It’s indicative of his selfish, petty and unimaginative way-of-life.

2 Likes

The automatic defense of “I/they voted for Obama” or equally inaccurate “there cannot be that many racists in the US.”

2 Likes

"I get it, nobody wants to be told what they don’t want to hear,” Parker says. “People want there to be a more innocent explanation, about jobs or trade or something. But sorry, everyone — it just isn’t there. My plea to people is we ought to start focusing on what’s real.”

3 Likes

We’re gonna dig a great hole, believe me. The deepest hole. CNN doesn’t know anything about holes, but all the senators said they can’t believe how much I know about digging a hole. We’re going to dig a hole and Pellucidar is going to pay for it.

9 Likes