Our ex-so-called president

I don’t have the time today, but if you take the sponsors of the bill and put their names into this, we could probably figure out funding.

http://www.opensecrets.org

2 Likes

I’ma leave this here:

I mean, if I wanted to create a modern-day SA, declaring my footsoldiers a protected minority (and in doing so criminalising all resistance) seems like a pretty efficient way of going about it. Anyone know what percentage of police officers voted Trump?

6 Likes

Yes there are demographics on that. It wasn’t as high as I would have thought. My Google Fu is failing me right now.

3 Likes

Or, you could run the official government protectors out of budget, then “magnanimously” offer to pay for security personnel out of your own budget (but of course they’ll need all the same legal privileges that the official guys have, 'cause they’re protecting the president and all).

If I thought these clowns were capable of that level of planning, I would be even more afraid than I am now. As it stands, I am willing to consider the budget thing to be pure, narcissistic obliviousness to reality. And greed. Lots of grifter greed.

7 Likes

Fuck, I guess the lives of black Human Beings having value (you know, mattering) is just too much for some people to wrap their head around, or something?

12 Likes

I know a couple of those people. No way you will get to them. They are some seriously damaged people who are very serious about their jobs.

2 Likes
1 Like

The Proud Boys et al are the SA equivalent.

Militarised-cops-with-official-impunity is getting closer to SS.

3 Likes

Can’t think of a different thread where this fits.

As much as I despise Trump and don’t believe that Melania is the unwilling accomplice people paint her as, one thing is true to anyone with a hint of decency: Barron should be off limits, at least for the next 8-10 years.

9 Likes

Speaking of clowns…

13 Likes

Argh.

5 Likes

It’s like he’s actively trying to be the worst person, ever…

16 Likes

And of course, he buries it on a Friday… with a major hurricane looming.

9 Likes

Of course!

Even cartoon villains are not this one-dimensional.

I just want this fucker’s lifetime of bad karma to come for him already; I don’t know what the hold up is, but it’s taking way too long…

11 Likes

I want him to stroke out while getting peed on by underage boys. Any other death would be too dignified.

2 Likes

I don’t know… Given his love of deregulation and fast food, a good dose of Listeria monocytogenes would be suitably poetic. He might enjoy your solution.

7 Likes

Gorka resigned too.

6 Likes

Like with everything else… I’m glad, but I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop.

5 Likes

Special envoy to the street fascists?

2 Likes
6 Likes