Our ex-so-called president

Right. I’m just curious because DeVos owns stock in student debt corps. I assume that means borrowers will get hosed on taxes.

7 Likes

It’s a clear eyed and rational take on the situation. The fuckery is only getting started.

3 Likes

Well, Price is toast, because of using charter planes, instead of government ones (or how about fucking economy seats??). And of course he will reimburse maybe half a tiny portion of what he owes the US tax-payer, who, after this tax bill passes, won’t include him.

Oh, yes.

Edit: apparently he’s wasted a lot more than the $50,000 he’s going to write a check for, the bastard.

Edit: it was over a million bucks. But who’s counting.

6 Likes

Too bad this guy didn’t win the Missouri governor’s race, he’s spot on.

10 Likes

Welcome to the Klept, friend.

3 Likes

Re: Puerto Rico

6 Likes
8 Likes
10 Likes

Katrina was strike three for Bush and Cheney. They had already, er, failed to stop 9/11 (at the very least) and then invaded Iraq for literally no reason.

Trump keeps threatening to do awful things, but we haven’t actually had a massive terror attack or a major war yet. Puerto Rico is strike one.

7 Likes

For me, getting elected was strike 1. We’re up to at least strike 4283 by now. Unfortunately congress has paid off the umpire.

13 Likes

https://itsgoingdown.org/trumps-katrina-disaster-statism-vs-autonomous-relief/

People looking out for each other. Same as happened in Houston, same as in New Orleans.

When governments fail, communities step up.

4 Likes

While this can be true, it would be really nice if this government (specifically, the federal part of it) weren’t such a horrible failure.

3 Likes

It would.

But that ain’t gonna happen until the government is replaced. Fortunately, momentum is building.

2 Likes

Getting elected was his first strike, IMNSHO.

4 Likes

I would say the announcement of his campaign was strike 1.

6 Likes

I’d start long before: calling for the execution of the Central Park Five, birtherism, nativism, mass arrests on the inauguration with protesters facing longer sentences than most murderers, Muslim ban, attempted Medicaid cuts without inclusive and affordable alternatives in place, “both sides,” “very fine people,” defaming everyone the neo-Nazis threaten, threatening to end Daca, and golfing while Puerto Rico gets destroyed…

10 Likes

In baseball, the world works differently.

All this talk of numbered strikes reminds me of carceral stupidity.

3 Likes

Not much baseball over here, so I have a different association with “first strike”.

7 Likes

Well, men run the world*, so things are put in terms of sports.

*or so many folks believe.

9 Likes

If it weren’t for 9/11 and the militant jingoism to follow, which pushed Bush’s approval rating up to 90%, GWB would have been a one term president. I don’t want to even think about what Trump’s 9/11 will be.

Because American men run the world*, all the sports metaphors are American. Baseball and American football, mostly, with maybe a basketball metaphor thrown in there for good measure. There are next to zero soccer metaphors. Coincidence? I think not!

*Вы действительно этому верите?

6 Likes