Our ex-so-called president

3 Likes

It’s like he calculates the optimally most absurd, inappropriate and insulting things to do or say for any situation.

12 Likes
8 Likes

Bush II had those utterly cringeworthy photo ops - Mission Accomplished and the fake turkey. Looking around, there seems to be a definite correlation between completely wrong notes and right wing pols - Duterte, Trump, Bush II, the idiot in Australia whose name escapes me, Berlusconi, and our own unlovely Boris Johnson.
Personally I think it’s because to be right wing you need a degree of sociopathy and the rest follows.

6 Likes

In ice hockey it’s three goals in one game by one player. Also fairly uncommon.

“Gordie Howe hat trick,” however, is a goal, an assist and a fist fight in one game by one player. Caveat being said play must instigate the fisticuffs.

7 Likes
10 Likes

According to Wikipedia cricket predates ice hockey, but I guess playing cricket in Canada in the winter might present difficulties. Though I did once umpire in a match where it snowed (in April, in London) and of course everybody pretended that nothing unusual was happening until teatime, when the match was abandoned.

5 Likes

It’s still possible he’s been Andy Kaufman in a fat suit this whole time.

8 Likes

The entry in h2g2.com is currently offline. Sadly, it returns a 520 (unknown error) and not, of course, the correct 418 (I’m a teapot).

You can however get the CSFW version at

http://hitchhikers.wikia.com/wiki/Krikkit

3 Likes
12 Likes

16 Likes

I am disabled. I have sensory issues, including, among other things, a strobe sensitivity. I am sick of ableist slurs. I think they encourage ableist attitudes, inaccessibility, endangerment, and violence. And they literally add insult to the inaccessibility, endangerment, and injury.

6 Likes

That’s brilliant.

2 Likes

All cultural moments need to be imortalized as a GIF.

3 Likes

Watching the video of the event, I was saddened by how the people there seemed to be enjoying the carnival aspect of it. I guess he is a fun guy? I find the whole thing so surreal, this whole presidency. After he’s out of office, I want to take that drug that makes you forget trauma.

9 Likes

There was a lot of love in that room. A lot of love. Believe me.

1 Like

It’s easy to do that if you exclude anyone who disagrees, or offer to pay the legal bills of anyone who beats up anyone who disagrees…

7 Likes

Okay, but what brought this on?

The post she was responding to was deleted due to a flag.

3 Likes

Remember, subsidizing solar is an attack on the freim arkit; requiring polluters to pay for their pollution is an attack on the freim arkit; subsidizing coal is a defense of the freim arkit.

3 Likes