Our ex-so-called president

8 Likes

Can she be our next billionaire president?

4 Likes

This just in:

1 Like

No, because she wasn’t born in the US, is somewhat unlikely to be a Republican, and in fact has a contempt for all politicians of whatever stripe.
This is like the late and great Douglas N Adams but unlike the L.G. Terry Pratchett, whose opinion of politicians is more nuanced. Havelock Vetinari - he’d make a great US President.

5 Likes

We could change the constitution so we can have her.

4 Likes

Do you want President Schwarzenegger? Because that’s how you get President Schwarzenegger.

16 Likes

I haven’t really thought this through, have I. Perhaps we can just make a very special exception for J.K.

4 Likes

You can’t even change the Constitution to clarify the “well regulated militia” bit, I have no hope that you would make a change that would even allow an Arnie to become President.

7 Likes

What movie was it that made a gag out of the Schwarzenegger Amendment?

2 Likes

Demolition Man. It’s a classic.

5 Likes

Thanks. I know I’d seen whatever cheezy flic had that gag, but couldn’t quite parse which one.

3 Likes

I re-watched it the other day and it holds up well. Some nice self-depreciating humour from Stallone, Snipes chewing up the scenery, Nigel Hawthorne as an evil Sir Humphrey and Sandra Bullock is a delight to watch as always.

6 Likes

One man, one vote.

On the other hand, if anyone could manipulate Republicans into voting for universal health care, he would be the man.

4 Likes

…“he was the man and he had the vote.”

6 Likes

Remember when we thought that would be a worst-case scenario? It almost feels nostalgic now.

Trump. He’s so awful he makes Schwarzenegger look good.

6 Likes

Politically speaking, he’s not that bad. Yes, I know he cheated on his wife, fathered a son with the maid, and didn’t acknowledge him (while quietly paying for him) for many years. He’s still better than 90% of the GOP.

He was far from the worst Californian governor.

8 Likes

images
Is that much worse the current one.

4 Likes

Adding propaganda stunts to the propaganda stunts:

7 Likes

The pinnacle of 45’s achievements as President: “inventing” a word attested from 1775.

5 Likes

By “Come Up With” perhaps he is trying to portray a sense of “Be the personification and embodiment of”

10 Likes