Our ex-so-called president

Even May’s government has denounced it, though. “It is wrong for the president to have done this.”

3 Likes

Well, Trump’s an easy target these days. If I had a shaky Tory government, I’d be very quick to point out that while American Republicans are also conservative, we’re not like them.

(Urgh, even being a hypothetical Tory is uncomfortable.)

3 Likes

“[She appeared on] Radio Aryan whose tagline is “Save the Fatherland,” and the day she appeared on the station was doing a retelling of Mein Kampf.”

Franzen is obviously pretty confused but the organisation as a whole is explicitly fundamentalist Protestant in ideology. Naziism seeks to replace Christianity.
The reason I think the distinction is important is because British right-wingers have different roots from German Nazis and a different ideology. Britain First has two main threads: the promotion of NI protestant ideas and the abolition of Islam. They are a religious/racist organisation, whereas actual Naziism is a political fascist philosophy. You wouldn’t get Franzen talking about the need for political reliability being more important than military effectiveness, for instance, as Hitler did in talking up the SS.
If she appears on Nazi radio it’s just one more sign that she isn’t, really, terribly intelligent. There is no actual political philosophy underlying BF.
Also, she isn’t the head of the organisation. Thug-in-chief is a man named Golding.

Is that an actual quote? It’s illiterate. If May’s official spokesperson can’t spell “peddle”, “overwhelmingly” and “prejudiced”, we’re in real trouble.

1 Like

Fun fact, fell out with my oldest friend (and best man at my wedding) when he reposted a Britain First meme and I asked when did he decide to become a racist.

9 Likes

Not directly related to Trump, but goes to show the lengths of dishonesty some of these people are going to in an attempt to brand liberals as the dishonest ones…

6 Likes

…for some value of fun.
This is the enormous gaping problem with social media; it makes spreading lies amazingly easy.

The old Soviet proverb was "Ni pravda v’Izvestiyakh i ni izvestiya v’Pravde - “No truth in News and no news in Truth”. It’s a pity you can’t make such an elegant meme from Facebook and Twitter.

2 Likes

There are lots of twits on Facebook and lots of … dammit, I tried.

5 Likes
8 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/federal_government/the-latest-ex-trump-adviser-flynn-arrives-for-guilty-plea/2017/12/01/57f7bc98-d6af-11e7-9ad9-ca0619edfa05_story.html

As part of a plea deal, former national security adviser Michael Flynn has admitted that a senior member of the Trump transition team directed him to make contact with Russian officials in December 2016.

The government did not reveal the identity of the senior transition official.

…but the head of the transition team? Mike Fucking Pence.

11 Likes

He is prepared to testify against Trump, against members of Trump’s family, and others in the White House. He is prepared to testify that President Trump, as a candidate, ordered him, directed him, to make contact with the Russians, which contradicts all that Donald Trump has said at this point.

9 Likes

Now that would be a great Christmas present!

4 Likes
8 Likes

It’s all Obama’s fault, really. If only he had urged Trump to run for President, we wouldn’t be in this mess now. (Since Trump does the opposite of whatever Obama says.)

15 Likes

Is that the middle name of all of them?
I thought Amanda Palmer had first dibs.

6 Likes

Look at the font. Allegedly, this is the original.

Which sums up this shitshow perfectly.

8 Likes

That they’ve always been easy to read?

That’s Comic Sans, which many people find difficult to read. YMMV.

6 Likes

FTFY :wink:

7 Likes