Our ex-so-called president

Lizard People!!!

6 Likes

…or we could take it back to the USA…

2 Likes

I can see your point, but in the other hand, it doesn’t read that differently from a journalist describing how Obama always wears similar clothes so he doesn’t have to plan what to wear every day.

2 Likes

The Times ceased to exist when Murdoch took it over and turned it into a tabloid; it’s The Sun with longer words for people who don’t want to be seen reading The Sun, these days.

7 Likes

A relevant (and high-quality) podcast:

Well, here’s a slightly different take on it:

9 Likes

“They say that Trump is finally revealing the true America that previous presidents had managed to hide.”

From the lakes of Minnesota, to the hills of Tennessee,
Across the plains of Texas, from sea to shining sea

Corn from the Indians, tobacco from the Indians, Dakota from the Indians, New Jersey from the Indians, New Hampshire from the Indians, New England from the Indians…

5 Likes

I am highly offended at that comparison.

I have teenagers: they’re much more mature, responsible, rational, and hard-working than the toddler-in-chief…in every possible way.

:wink:

13 Likes

I can’t begin to imagine the shi*tstorm that would have resulted if this went the other way, especially with the “inactive voter” irregularities that were being reported.

9 Likes

Agreed, but even taking voter suppression into account it was an embarrassingly close race.

Once again, have to wonder what the hell white women are thinking.

11 Likes

My Facebook feed is crazy right now. Everyone I know in Alabama voted for Jones and it is like a big party going on. Such a squeaker.

10 Likes

Have to wonder what a lot of groupings were thinking. Though it looks like a decent part of may have been “I’ll root for ‘my team’ no matter what”:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2017/politics/alabama-exit-polls/?utm_term=.e4c0bf135690

I just cant believe they were trying to make people remember their county of birth, at the polling place, without the benefit of a cell phone. I know I would totally fail that question.

9 Likes

Congrats to our own @jilly who worked her butt off to help achieve this result. A small part of this victory belongs to you. Own it; you are awesome, @jilly

18 Likes

Mine’s easy to remember because it doesn’t exist anymore :slight_smile:. They consolidated some regions; there are a finite number of us with the old name on our birth certificates.

6 Likes

I could guess at mine, but without the internet available or my birth certificate on hand there’s no way I’d be certain on it. (After looking it up on the 'net, well… mine would be incredibly easy to remember, but I’ve never had to, and it’s just overall a really bullsh*t thing to throw at someone who’s just trying to exercise their constitutional rights).

6 Likes

Oh yeah, it’s totally ridiculous and irrelevant wrt voting in the here and now.

4 Likes

BTW, started a Jones specific thread, folks!

5 Likes
14 Likes
8 Likes

English-speaking politics around the world didn’t vote in Alabama, and didn’t elect Trump. The phenomenon of white American women voting overwhelmingly against their interests – Roy Moore is against women having voting rights, for pity’s sakes – is worth examining on its own.

4 Likes