Possibly untrue science news

3 Likes

Now selling at DeBeers: Planet X diamond rings. For a love that is out of this world.

9 Likes
6 Likes

I think I saw this docuseries on Amazon. Pretty sure they cited the same quantum theorists as the onion.

3 Likes

Oh man, everything old is new again. Back to the 70s!

3 Likes

I wondered if it was still worth posting with the punchline cut off. We’ve complained about the super-short headline limit but Jeff doesn’t care. He thinks we’re all idiots.

3 Likes

500x-0
500x-1

7 Likes

http://weekfacts.com/2018/04/engineer-of-southwest-plane-engine-exploded-call-for-harsh-engine-test

http://weekfacts.com/2018/04/earth-will-not-end-on-april-23-says-david-meade

http://weekfacts.com/2018/04/if-use-cannabis-properly-then-stop-stress

This is the weirdest news site I have seen so far in the Google news feeds.

Look at that last one

Their Work, distributed for the current month in the Journal of Affective Disorders, recommends Smoking Cannabis can fundamentally diminish here and now levels of Sadness, uneasiness, and Stress yet may add to more terrible general sentiments of misery after some time.

It marks one of the principal endeavors by U.S. researchers to Evaluate how cannabis with differing groupings of the substance mixes tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) and Cannabidiol (CBD) Influence therapeutic cannabis clients’ sentiments of prosperity when smoked outside of a lab.

“Existing exploration on the impacts of cannabis on dejection, nervousness and stress are extremely uncommon and have solely been finished with orally managed THC pills in a Research facility,” said Carrie Cuttler, Clinical colleague Teacher of Brain Science at WSU and lead creator of the examination.

“What is exceptional about our Investigation is that we took a Gander at real breathed in cannabis by restorative Weed Patients who were utilizing it in the solace of their own homes rather than a research facility.”

For instance, the WSU inquire about group found that one puff of cannabis high in CBD and low in THC was ideal for lessening Side Effects of wretchedness, two puffs of a cannabis was adequate to diminish indications of nervousness, while at least 10 puffs of cannabis high in CBD and high in THC created the biggest decreases in stress.

It looks like a press release robo-translated into some other language and back again.

The actual quote is “Existing research on the effects of cannabis on depression, anxiety and stress are very rare and have almost exclusively been done with orally administered THC pills in a laboratory. What is unique about our study is that we looked at actual inhaled cannabis by medical marijuana patients who were using it in the comfort of their own homes as opposed to a laboratory.”

5 Likes

Yet headline (another) with English questionable.

Police arrested two black men at Starbucks, Due to racism on social media

One has to wonder – are these folks just not very well studied, is English just not their first language, or what?

4 Likes

— or what it would be like to live in this alternate universe where Teachers of Brain Science conduct research with Restorative Weed Patients to lessen the Side Effects of Wretchedness …

2 Likes

No doubt they’re attempting to farm ads by roboplagerising stories through translation filters.

5 Likes

I hope we’re all using adblockers scriptblockers and/or hosts files

2 Likes

Don’t ask me, I never visit garbage sites like that if I can help it. The list of links I don’t click is practically infinite to my human mind.

2 Likes

hat tip to languagehat.

site has bad scrolling:

3 Likes

gonna go with translated from Japanese or something.

1 Like

Mmm phlogiston.

I am one of the rare breeds who actually ran spelljammer campaigns in my youth. At least until someone unwisely cast fireball there…

3 Likes

There used to be a phlogiston diet, where the more you ate, the more weight you lost.

4 Likes

And without the usual lethargy that would come with a weight-loss diet, too! A phlogiston diet gives you much more energy to burn!

5 Likes
5 Likes

https://weekfacts.com/2018/04/screening-for-a-flat-earth-no-troll/

Earth Head. Globe tard. leaf. I have never encountered such a clause. However, on a Monday night there, I was Screening an organization called “Flat Earth – No Giant”.
I learned from an article that the head of the earth refers to the person who thinks the earth is the earth and is obviously an unwelcome angle in the group.
After browsing the page for a long time, it is obviously not just another meme page that my friend added to me. I understand that Flat Earth is real and can only be confirmed by a fixed post that reveals a neat written “Code of Conduct” and an amazing link to the Flat Earth Website and documentary.

might be auto translated from

http://wesleyanargus.com/2018/04/27/flat-earthers-why-and-how-they-continue-to-believe/

Globe head. Globe tard. Lobe. I had never encountered such terms before. But, there I was, late on a Monday night, sifting through a group called “Flat Earth-No Trolls.” Globe head, as I learned from a post, refers to someone who believes the Earth is a globe, evidently an unwelcome perspective in the group. After a good deal of time scrolling through the page, it became quickly apparent that this wasn’t just another meme page my friends had added me too. I learned that Flat Earth is for real, only confirmed by a pinned post that revealed a neatly written “code of conduct” along with a prodigious list of links to Flat Earth websites and documentaries.

4 Likes