Protection Against Fumes?

Anyway, I need to recuperate today. I don’t know of any safety equipment stores, so I can probably try the sporting goods stores again tomorrow.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Probably doesn’t matter, but… if anyone were to try to enter my office wearing that getup, they’re going to be locked in the sally port until the police arrive.

2 Likes

I already face a lot of @#$% harassment for my disabilities. And discrimination. On top of the beatings and strobings and the rest. I am @#%% sick of it. Sometimes security guards tell me “you’re not allowed to shout here” when I’m yelping in pain from being beaten, or “you’re not allowed to lie down here” when I collapse from being beaten and/or strobed, or “you’re not allowed to wait here” when I’m waiting in the stairwell for my appointment at the clinic, and the nurses say there’s nowhere else to wait with my disabilities.

1 Like

Do dry eyes make the eyes more vulnerable to irritants and allergens?

2 Likes

Would your brother be capable of going to the hardware store, or retrieving a package from an Amazon locker?

2 Likes

I do think they exacerbate the discomfort, at least. Tears do have both lubricating and protective qualities.

3 Likes

I know this is not really a topic for joking, but that was too fitting.

More seriously,

Going full-industrial could do it, but otherwise it’s a very personal thing depending on what you’re sensitive to and how much / what type of mask you could tolerate.

There are nasal filters that fit inside the nose, but I would assume they would be uncomfortable and that the filters themselves might smell like the chemicals used in their manufacture, so that might be a long shot only if you really, really don’t want to wear a mask.

There are some masks that use bamboo charcoal instead of coconut. Try searching specifically for “MCS mask bamboo”.

There’s a DIY make your own mask post at https://lindasepp.wordpress.com/2015/05/16/do-it-yourself-air-filtering-mask/ that has a link to a place that sells various types of charcoal (including alternatives to coconut specifically labeled for people with coconut allergies) at http://site.mawebcenters.com/elfoustcoinc/airpurifierfilters.html. I don’t know anything about it, but it indicates that other alternatives do exist.

However, I think most options are likely to depend on being able to receive mail orders somehow. If you can’t get those at home or at a local post office or other drop location, you’ll need someone who can receive them for you. You might try asking around in stores for those other types of charcoal (to make your own mask) or for something that you find in an MCS mask search. Maybe a pharmacy could order for you? (We have one pharmacy in my town that does special requests, but that’s probably uncommon.)

7 Likes

Few of these protect the eyes.

Lately, my eyes have been painful and extremely sensitive. I also have severe painful angular cheilitis and very brittle nails, but no sign of tongue trouble. Of course, it’s hard to examine my tongue with my angular cheilitis.

2 Likes