Put-Our-Rich-Criminals-in-Check Global Emporium

It may be time to make the business case for democracy.

8 Likes

Businessism is the contemporary face of Stalinism.

3 Likes

The scam of artificial servants will always require underpaid assistance.

8 Likes

Since about 1992, from my recollection. With a bit of leeway on the term “web”.

6 Likes

More petrodollars being laundered through a massive investment fraud:

4 Likes
5 Likes

Thread:

11 Likes

Must be nice, growing up with a garage.

/s, but also, not kidding.

10 Likes

Or being allowed to do more than stow one’s bike in the garage, 'cos, you know, the boys have their workshop out there :roll_eyes:

10 Likes

Space-X parted ways with Musk just in time. Tesla not so much, but at least the state of his security clearance isn’t so much of a big deal. Promise us robots, deliver us, at best, a golf cart for gated communities.

5 Likes

When did this happen? AFAIK, Musk still owns SpaceX and is its CEO. Granted, Gwynne Shotwell keeps him from doing the kind of stupid shit that he does with Tesla, and does a pretty great job of running the company, but Musk is hardly powerless there.

1 Like

His appearance on Joe Rogan didn’t do the best things for his security clearance, and the SEC thing. So their Board did a thing. Can’t remember what. Brb.

1 Like

Thread (which neatly summarises the article):

We do need to learn finance stuff, but the old lessons from 40 years ago no longer apply. You can’t budget, cut, and put aside savings when all the outgoing money is to necessities like shelter, food, and yes, even car expenses, because you can’t afford to live close to work. I write a grand total of 12-14 cheques a year.

It’s also hard to budget when the credit card you used for your emergency wisdom tooth removal suddenly gets the interest rate doubled. Especially since not having a credit card isn’t an option for most people. Or your bank plays around with the timing of transactions so your paycheque deposits after the big charge, so they can hit you with an overdraft fee.

You can do everything by-the-book and still get screwed. Financial literacy in today’s world is an awareness of how the system is set up to screw you. Maybe if enough people could see that, they’d be less interested in learning to play along, and more interested in changing it.

14 Likes

Harassment and debtsharking backed by an ideology of lazy mismanagement and greed.

6 Likes

The euroelite in their natural habitat, fawfawing from the top.

Who dispenses the discipline and who is asked to be flexible?

5 Likes

I love that laibach often “predicts” things (by paying attention to human nature and history and all)… I’m sure that’s rather dull of me, but still.

2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes

Commerce in collusion…

1 Like