REAL ID Bullshit

Yeah, I’m just waiting for the day when the federal government says “LOL NO” to Missouri asking for yet another extension, and then nobody without a passport or military ID can fly.

7 Likes

Which is going to be a real shit situation for anyone born at home, and whose birth was recorded in the family bible. I know that sounds like a throwback to pioneer days, but there are people in that situation right now, and not all of them are elderly. Granted, that’s not a huge number of people, but they matter too.

10 Likes

Then there’s that whole thing about city of birth vs. county of birth. Those of us from rural areas might not have a “city” of birth because we live in an unincorporated area, and practically nobody in the Northeast knows or cares what county they’re in.

10 Likes

It’s some cyberpunk dystopia SINners/SINless bullshit. Hopefully won’t be elevated to the level of China’s social credit system, but at this point it kinda wouldn’t surprise me.

9 Likes

The municipality on my birth certificate doesn’t exist anymore. It was absorbed into the larger nearby town several years after I was born.

The “larger nearby town” isn’t that large, even today. My parents taught me to say “near Toronto” when American border guards ask where I was born (customs officials elsewhere are content with “Canada”).

ETA: autocorrect

9 Likes