RIP. We'll miss you

Oh, I don’t know – some of us have been shitting on him as long as he’s been at Chanel.

He’s sort of like the Stephen Moffat of the fashion world – part of it, even good at it, but contemptuous of everyone else (including Coco Chanel IMHO).

3 Likes

I had no idea how divisive he was. I was aware of his name but not of his reputation.

1 Like
5 Likes

and as it is public domain… I leave you a link to Charade.

8 Likes

Donen’s first great cinematic moment.

6 Likes

And here’s Royal Wedding:

Doesn’t quite stand out as much in its genre, but well worth a view.

I hope Elaine May is taking this well.

3 Likes

And let me add “Surprise Package.” Not a great movie, I suppose, but very enjoyable. It’s worth watching for the Maurice Binder animated title sequence alone.

3 Likes

:sob:

6 Likes
7 Likes

I’m more than a little horrified that, after a lifetime of excellent work, the fact that he was once in a Morecambe & Wise sketch still makes it to the first sentence in his obituary.

8 Likes

The Little England mindset is very definitely a force these days.

6 Likes

Still makes it to the first sentence in his obituary.

Joke of poor taste

So a man walks into a bar, and sits down. He starts a conversation with an old guy next to him. The old guy has obviously had a few. He says to the man:

“You see that dock out there? Built it myself, hand crafted each piece, and it’s the best dock in town! But do they call me “McGregor the dock builder”? No! And you see that bridge over there? I built that, took me two months, through rain, sleet and scoarching weather, but do they call me “McGregor the bridge builder”? No! And you see that pier over there, I built that, best pier in the county! But do they call me “McGregor the pier builder”? No!”

The old guy looks around, and makes sure that nobody is listening, and leans to the man, and he says:

“but you fuck one sheep…”

9 Likes
10 Likes
9 Likes

Oh, darn. She was a good comedic actor.

5 Likes

Loved her

4 Likes

I always loved the episodes with Rollo.

4 Likes
5 Likes
11 Likes

He used to compete in the SCCA national stage rallies (4wd cars racing on gravel) until his show(s) insurance coverage told him to stop. I didn’t exactly meet him but I exchanged paperwork with his codriver a number of times.

That is awfully young and generally awful to go out that way at that age.

* I may be remembering Jason Priestley instead.

7 Likes