RIP. We'll miss you

Well, I’m an ex-Montrealer, so you know my feelings about that. This was reinforced by the fact that, depending on the generation, Montreal drivers all think that they’re Gilles or Jacques Villeneuve (and those two are a’ deid, a fact that may have an object lesson attached somewhere).

To some extent, I can understand Torontonians wanting a car - it is much less of a pedestrian-scaled city than Montreal - but therein lies a plaint against modern urban planning.

9 Likes

Huh?

2 Likes

They’re all dead. (“Wha’s like us? Damn few, and they’re a’ deid.”)

4 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I thought you were saying… but I don’t think Jacques is dead, which is why I wasn’t sure I was interpreting it correctly.

2 Likes

Ha! You’re right, but he’s still racing. Give him time. The Villeneuve family are, umm… Well, “aggressive drivers” would be an understatement.

4 Likes

Track record in the rain? Gilles was steely eyed missile man on occasion.

2 Likes

Yes he was, Andy, but he was certainly not afraid to push the limits, and it caught up to him, unfortunately. We were/are proud of him in Québec. He was a Québecois of the same sort as Léo Major, but Major’s risks all paid off (fortunately for him).

2 Likes

Did anyone know about this? Apparently he died last December.

4 Likes

Beard Guy died???

Dammit; no, I hadn’t heard but I don’t follow WOTE like that.

RIP

4 Likes

I remember when they announced it on the radio. I’m glad they have a song for him.

3 Likes
6 Likes
11 Likes

RIP Dickran Gobalian

6 Likes

Mac Rebennack has left us today.

11 Likes
6 Likes

So, at the end of the last episode, I commented that in Schrodinger’s Internet, Grumpy Cat both can and can’t haz cheezeburger. Uh, and then the next day, Grumpy Cat sadly passed away. Look, despite insinuations in the comments, I’m sure we didn’t collapse Grumpy’s wavefunction to “can’t haz cheezeburger” just by talking about it… quantum mechanics forbids that.

Maybe this should (or shouldn’t) be in Possibly untrue science news , but… conspiracy theorists, you’re on notice! :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

This one makes me sad.

He had a good run, but still.

7 Likes

I love it. This is the joy I want people to feel when celebrating my life.

10 Likes
17 Likes

Just off the top of my head. A huge loss.

12 Likes