RIP. We'll miss you

This is horrible in personal and national ways.

7 Likes

Goddamn 2020. Stop. Enough.

9 Likes

International.

6 Likes

Terrible, terrible news. But I suspect RBG just couldnā€™t go on after so many bouts of cancer.

4 Likes

Iā€™m absolutely, positively certain all the Republicans who blocked Obamaā€™s replacement nomination because it was too close to the election will all patiently wait until the outcome of this one is decided and then (assuming a Trump loss) refrain from trying to push something through before the Inauguration.

ā€¦man, weā€™re screwed.

5 Likes

I hate it when obituary headlines try to sum-up a life with one event.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Anyone here remember ā€œBrianā€™s Songā€?

I hope thereā€™s some suitable memorial for him.

4 Likes
3 Likes

the new york times ran this as well:

5 Likes

He and Lynn Swann (still with us) of the Steelers. I knew they were important because as a young girl, my dad praised them. And my dad would watch just about any sport - not just those with balls (lolz). I mean, he woulda watched badminton had it been telecast! And cricket. But he drew the line at Canadian football.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Came here to post that. Figures it would be a big deal to you too!

Edited to add missing words, because apparently my English is done for the day.

4 Likes

Damnit.

2 Likes
5 Likes

Oh wow!

Now I know how my parents felt when all their musical faves started dying off.

3 Likes

i read on NPR that, just like a line in his song ā€œTexas In My Rearview Mirror,ā€ heā€™s going to be buried in Lubbock in his blue jeans.

5 Likes
3 Likes

so gutted. that first album blew my head wide open. i didnā€™t even know he HAD cancer. : (

4 Likes

This upsets me more than I thought it would.

I liked Van Halen. My first concert I went to was Van Halen. I had most of their albums at one point or another.

Time to stream some classics I guess.

2 Likes