RIP. We'll miss you

4 Likes

I didn’t know of this man until I saw him in the list of recent deaths on Wikipedia’s home page.
Upon reading about him, I wished I’d known about him sooner.

1 Like

And someone I did know, who was nice to me, and his widow was as well:

4 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Chuck Close’s work was amazing. when i was in school, of course we studied him, and we had a semester long assignment to do our own version of something in his style. i never did complete mine, sigh. what a talent he had.

1 Like
4 Likes

My father was such a fan of theirs. I have so many early memories of listening to their albums.

2 Likes

My wife just bought a CD collection with 75 of their songs to play (without headphones) while baking.
:scream:
Seriously, I remember their music with some fondness.

2 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

Charlie Watts, Rolling Stones drummer, has died aged 80, in a London hospital. Via wikipedia and The Age.

4 Likes

I just saw it on FB.

Addendum: Then I Googled:

Somehow, the idea of buying nice cars and just sitting in them does have a certain appeal to me.

1 Like

sigh…been waiting for this, so I’m prepared. We share the same day of birth.

5 Likes

i was away on a camping trip for a few days, and when i came back and checked twitter earlier today, this was the first thing i saw. i’m so sad – i’ve followed him for quite awhile now, and i’m 100% sure it was his voice and direction for the posts, if not his actual fingers typing the responses. he was funny, gruff as expected, and a fierce critic of all things GOP. he was a funny and inspiring voice and presence. he will be missed.

6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

I was thinking about him earlier, after I watched the Al Roker video I posted in the WTI thread.

1 Like