RIP. We'll miss you

Follow up on my comment about Toby Keith not being a total asshole. I am not the only one who feels that way about him.

3 Likes

I hear you, and it’s always good when people model how to interact well with those they don’t fully mesh with.

But, the sense I get from watching that is that it’s a lot easier to see the good in a flawed white (cis, het, etc.) man when you yourself are a flawed white (etc.) man. Someone who isn’t ever on the receiving end of the prejudices or bigotry, so they only think of it as a theoretical difference of opinion.

4 Likes

Well stated.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Damn. RIP.

5 Likes

DEE STROY ALL LAWYERS!!!

My son grew up listening to him because I listened to him. I mean, even in utero.

3 Likes
6 Likes

I used pay attention to conductors like other girls did to Mick Jagger (okay, maybe not that much). He was great, and he appeared on Sesame Street.

5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
1 Like

3 Likes

My two favorite images so far:

5 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

I feel dumb for not knowing that she ever existed; but, I feel enriched, yet sad, now that I know who she was. RIP.

2 Likes

RIP, Mr. Sline. That last gig you booked for Jake & Elwood was a doozy!

Addendum: It took me a while to appreciate his singing. But I did like him when he guested on “The Carol Burnett Show”. And Mr. Sline…gawd, a small part, but just so well-done, as you can see:

2 Likes

Just rewatched The Blues Brothers on Saturday. God that movie is genius. It’s so knee slapping funny. I just love Carie Fisher randomly blowing shit up all the time. Steve Lawrence was a lot of fun and that scene in the sauna is epic. RIP.

6 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes