Roe vs Wade overturned

2 Likes

It’s possible that any change to Twitter’s ad policy related to promotion of abortion advocacy could be motivated by recent reports that Twitter ad sales are currently grim. Twitter may not be able to afford to turn down eager advertisers seeking to boost campaign messaging online.

Twitter’s employee told Hunt’s campaign that “for now,” she “still won’t be able to message” around abortion advocacy. Hunt told the Huffington Post that she disagreed with Twitter’s current policy.

"I find it deeply concerning that Twitter considers the topic of protecting our fundamental freedoms as prohibited content,” Hunt told the Huffington Post. “Regardless, I will continue to focus on sharing my message with voters in every community in every part of the state.”

2 Likes

“That’s the momentum thing, right? Like, ok, all of America is watching, push the gas pedal down on everything, right now,” she said. “More, more, more, more, more.”

2 Likes

Delivered I’m sure with a maniacal equivocation that is all dogmatically defined taboos for victimless “vices”.

1 Like

Driving to a neighboring state was not an option, as every state adjoining Louisiana has a similarly restrictive law that bans virtually all abortions. Victoria says she considered close states, like Florida, but she ultimately dismissed them because available appointments were farther out.

“Once I saw that Oregon was so, so protective of reproductive rights, I said, ‘Why would I think about going anywhere else?’” she said. “The second I got the definitive pregnancy result, I was like, ‘OK, let’s book a flight to Oregon. When can we do this?’”

6 Likes
1 Like

Good news. Not enough and it will be appealed, but good

10 Likes
2 Likes

Grrrr

I need the cussing emoji reaction. Not unexpected, though that was quick.

5 Likes
6 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes
7 Likes
8 Likes

Issue 1 passed 57-43%, according to final, unofficial election results.

Wow.

5 Likes

Republicans are prepared to ignore it

“Life is worth fighting for. As a grandparent of eight, the life of a baby is always worth the fight,” Senate President Matt Huffman, said. “The national abortion industry funded by wealthy out-of-state special interests spent millions to pass this radical language that goes far past abortion on demand. This isn’t the end. It is really just the beginning of a revolving door of ballot campaigns to repeal or replace Issue 1.”

5 Likes

She better get an abortion fast before the state gets a temporary injunction or delay or whatever it’s called.

5 Likes

Paxton is threatening to charge any doctor who helps her.

4 Likes

Sometimes fleeing Texas is the smartest thing to do.

5 Likes

“As physicians, we do not see abortion as a political, religious, or legal issue. Rather we see access to safe abortions as a necessary part of reproductive health services to protect the physical and mental well-being of patients. The best solution to this problem is a national law protecting the right of all people to choose to terminate pregnancy,” they write.

In all, the researchers estimated 519,981 completed vaginal rapes in the 14 abortion ban states which resulted in a collective total of 64,565 pregnancies during the four to 18 months that bans were in effect. Of the rape-related pregnancies, an estimated 5,586 (9 percent) were in states with rape exceptions, and 58,979 (91 percent) were in states with no exception.

An important and simultaneously terrible statistical exercise.

7 Likes