Share your Steam library psychological debt. Or not. Whatever

¯_(ツ)_/¯ Mostly Portal.

4 Likes

this was a triumph
i’m making a note here: huge success

4 Likes

It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction.

3 Likes

Mostly Payday 2 with my housemates and Hotline Miami. The five I haven’t played are all games I have been gifted that won’t run on my crappy PC. Some day…

ETA: I’m more of a console player; I dread to think what the Xbox Live version of this would look like for me…

3 Likes

Ah I see you have Torchlight. Great game.

I have Payday and Payday 2 (the latter with a few of the DLCs). Never got into it when I realized that both were impossible for single player. Also I don’t really do random online play with people either…oh well.

2 Likes

It’s definitely not suitable for single player or random online play but if you can get three or four of you in the same room screaming at each other, it’s the most fun I have had in local multiplayer since Quakeworld.

[Throwing the last bag of cash to your waiting teammates]
“JUST GET THE MONEY OUT OF HERE!! LEAVE ME TO DIE! I’LL TAKE AS MANY AS I CAN BEFORE THEY GET ME! JUST GO!!”

It’s a hell of a lot of fun when you are screaming that at your housemates in real life, even if the scenario is entirely imaginary…

3 Likes

Torchlight II is quite playable single player and just as good.

2 Likes

That’s the big thing, finding people I could trust and play with.

and your death will show up on YouTube…epic music and all.

3 Likes

I have both actually. I’ve played and completed both of them when I had time, but these days :neutral_face:

I knew about the multiplayer in Torchlight II, but the same thing applies. Finding people online that I can play with who won’t be dicks about things.

2 Likes

Just completely channeling Willem Dafoe in Platoon but everyone thinks you are a hero for the two minutes it takes to buy upgrades before the next round.

3 Likes

Ditto. The beautiful thing was that Torchlight was a GOG freebie. :grin:

I mean, Steam sales and all may be nice, but when GOG passes out the freebies, they do not kid around. I just picked up Witcher on a GOG/Ars Technica promotion; previous freebies included Fallout and Fallout 2.

3 Likes

Timezones might be prohibitive (at least for me in Singapore) but maybe there’s a possibility for a Steam/XBL/PSN crossover with this place…?

I don’t think I would be happy to share any of my gamertags directly on the board and have them associated with my BB/HMS username but if there were a way to anonymously join a “clanHMS” (name TBD, naturally) and play games with people who aren’t complete arseholes, I’d be more than happy to sign up…

5 Likes

You could have a board where people can request an invite to the clan via pm.

1 Like

You and me both. I would anticipate some reevaluating of my life’s priorities upon these revelations.

3 Likes

On Steam it’s possible to set up a private group, but at the very least the group owner would have to hand out the invite.

It sounds like a fun idea, but I think the only multiplayer games I’ve played frequently are the Descent series and Unreal Tournament, so I’m not exactly up on current ones.

3 Likes

I really like Fistful of Frags (free, Steam) as an arena shooter. Ideally, free and low cost games would be best for the TBD clan. Maybe we should start a Game night thread?

(Cards Against Humanity has an excellent fanmade webgame and there are a few other online boardgames that could warrant a separate topic)

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind having a private group on Steam that we could get into and play some of the multiplayer games together.

4 Likes

There’s also this: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286160/Tabletop_Simulator/

2 Likes

I would be down with that.
Having a full 4 player go at any of the Borderlands games would be much fun.

1 Like

I would have to get Borderlands first :frowning:

1 Like