So who did we elect this year?

If we do that, let’s do it through proper channels, pushing it to go through as quickly as possible.

If we just hang him without due process, we’re as bad as the assholes who stormed the Capitol.

1 Like

If we’re worried about the wrong messaging, guillotines are an option.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Without due process, no. Otherwise, as I’ve stated before but maybe not strongly enough, WE ARE AS FUCKING BLOODY BAD AND EVIL AS THEY ARE.

3 Likes

4 Likes

They’re just kicking the can. If the 25th amendment is invoked, and Trump still insists he’s fit (which he will, because fuck), we need Congress to reconvene and vote to remove with a 2/3 majority in the Senate. I don’t think they’re wrong to ask for it. But I also think its immensely clear that secretaries are just resigning rather than deal with this. Republicans are going to drag this out and run down the clock on the 25th. this shouldn’t be an “if this fails, then this”, this needs to be surround the fucker from every possible angle until he has no choice but to leave.

4 Likes

I thought it was the Cabinet, not Congress, that made the decision re the 25th Amendment?

1 Like

Depends. They initiate it. If Trump refuses to cooperate, Congress is the tiebreaker.

4 Likes

Also, Congress has something like 21 days to respond, during which Trump has no power. So Pelosi just sits on it like McTurtle did with everything in the Senate and runs out the clock.

5 Likes

Can we do this for the whole next Republican administration? Three weeks at a time? Regenerate Mitch McTwaddle and stick a DNC-branded Asshole Polarity Controller into his cerebellum? That’s a thing right?

2 Likes

(quoting his next few tweets since they add important details, but he attached the first tweet to all of them, which would clutter like crazy if linked)

Should note that a) doesn’t mention Ossoff by name or if he called him to concede and b) he didn’t win the general election… that’s why there was a runoff!

c) he isn’t Senator David Perdue, he’s former Senator David Perdue since his term ended Sunday.

Also - this doesn’t necessarily speed up certification, because it still takes time for 159 counties to clear things up.

After launching a last-ditch effort to get on board the false election fraud train, falsely claiming he spent weeks speaking against the EC vote, Perdue mentions none of that and then falsely claims he “won the general.”

No clearing that up either.

4 Likes

Sit your ass down, Joe, until you learn how to read a fucking room.

7 Likes

Oooh, give people time to turn his head; there’s a lot to absorb for all of us.

I’m not defending him, but this seems to be his standard operating procedure. Yeah, just what we need - more “Wow, gasp, such surprise”, right?

I dunno 'bout you or anyone else, but I’m reeeeally bloody sick and tired of making do with what’s available, whether it’s in my own home or in some level of government. And with the internet, we all barely seem to be able to breathe if we don’t take the time out to sit down and BREATHE.

3 Likes
3 Likes

Imagine the CIA actually being reformed to perform its original intended function!

1 Like

Knocking over Ag republics and oil republics? And given the repugnant and dirty nature of that endeavor, obsessing about Circular Areas of Probabilities, blast zone radii, potassium replacement therapy, until senility hits and the weed wears off?

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

Coming off of World War II (and the defeat of a totalitarian Nazi regime), many Americans feared our own government would become what we just had defeated. Truman himself had similar concerns

And here we are 73 years later, secure in the knowledge that there’s no chance of that happening. /s

6 Likes
5 Likes