11 Likes

a resurrected george carlin

4 Likes

11 Likes

Come on, guys. This is easy…

sub-buzz-474-1484076348-1
Jacquelyn Martin / AP

10 Likes

except one can’t run, and the other doesn’t want any part of it – been there, done that, seen enough, tyvm.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I’d support her, vote for her, follow her. But, would she actually want the job? I agree with @Franko, I don’t think she would.

5 Likes

Really interested in what up and coming black women politicians people actually could see going for the white house some day.

I’m really excited by Nekima Levy Pounds bid for Minneapolis mayor, sadly I can’t vote there any more, but I’ve been following her activism for years:

http://www.minneapolisfornekima.com/

4 Likes

So we use the Nixon loophole anyone got a bone saw.

5 Likes

@Franko

Of course Barack can’t run. I figured the photo was apt, as he is blurry when she is in focus.
As for Michelle, I’m hopeful. Sure, she’s not as thirsty for the position as Hillary, but I do recognize her as one who rolls up her sleeves and gets on with business when it seems necessary. And there’s the bonus of Barack as a vital aide.

Okay, let’s say Michelle is out of the picture. What about Constance L. Rice?

3 Likes

This idea is looking better all the time. I’m really curious now what her approval rating would be at this very moment.

And of course that right there is a huge plus.

What would it take to beg and plead her into considering it? Sasha has one more year of high school remaining, right?

Well, anyway. If she doesn’t wanna, she doesn’t wanna.

But pretty please?

7 Likes

I skimmed something on the Root hinting that Eric Holder is considering an 2020 run…

5 Likes

Cory Booker looks electable.

Historically, when the Dems nominate a non-incumbent over 60 they lose.

7 Likes

Whaddaya think about Holder, anyway? Personally, I haven’t been too big a fan.

8 Likes

Prosecuting all the Bush-Cheney crimes was his main job, which he did not do.

8 Likes

Not to mention prosecuting the bankers for the 2008 crash.

8 Likes

That’s what I was thinking, too.

2 Likes

From the little research I’ve done, and given the list of potential candidates from the most recent 538 draft, I’d say the best three options are Baldwin, Booker, and Gillibrand, in that order.

3 Likes

And I’d say likelihood of being the nominee is that, but in the reverse order :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes