So who did we elect this year?

I get where you’re coming from, but young voters came out for mid-terms. I’m hoping they’ll be more excited to come out for the Big One.

10 Likes

i agree. also, they know that they now comprise 37% of the electorate, so if they vote, they will determine the winner.

7 Likes

It isn’t really about convincing the politically-engaged lefties to once again hold their noses and vote for another corrupt centre-right imperialist. Most of them probably would, but the Dems would still lose. The activist left just isn’t that big.

What it is about is providing a candidate sufficiently inspiring that they can motivate a significant proportion of the non-voters to come out. That is the only path that has any chance of providing a win of sufficient magnitude to overcome the GOP’s election-rigging efforts.

4 Likes

Personally, I think there is sufficient discontent – #metoo, antifa, underrepresented and disenfranchised POC, etc. – to make up a third party pairing with progressive, fed-up white folk that could outnumber the others, or at least seriously put the fear into the other two parties.

5 Likes

Yup.

But for that to happen, it would need to be already organised by now. Nearly everyone but the hardcore revolutionaries are still focused on trying to take over the Dems.

6 Likes

so, the American electorate is into Autogynephilia?

1 Like
10 Likes

The aesthetics of the step pyramid will not yield to the inadequacy of any man.

4 Likes

that was the first thing i DID notice, haha. and if anyone thinks they are completely interchangeable, they haven’t been paying attention.

3 Likes

All these random middle age white guys are interchangeable as far as I’m concerned.

In the seemingly infinite clown car that is the 2020 Democratic Primaries, these are the clowniest clowns to ever clown.

4 Likes

Sanders rally in Chicago last night.

Source

15 Likes

Yup, that sure looks “unelectable” to me.

11 Likes

I will vote for whomever the Democrats put up. Maybe gladly, maybe extremely grudgingly, depending, but I will do it.

8 Likes

Please, not Biden.

6 Likes

same. this is how we will win. Biden, Bernie, Warren, even Beto. we can’t fall victim to the whole “divide and conquer” ploy again.

7 Likes

Kamala Harris, Cory Booker, doesn’t really matter to me either

5 Likes

yes, exactly. i have my personal preferences right now, but whoever gets the nomination, gets my vote. same as last time, actually. but hopefully this time we do better.

5 Likes

we can’t fall victim to the whole “divide and conquer” ploy again.

We didn’t. There were two credible candidates in the primary, one of which thought she was the only legitimate candidate in the entire country. She lost where she took that for granted. We can’t allow the entitled in the DNC to make the same mistake again. Because they’re gonna try.

9 Likes

Even if one is a believer in the “vote blue no matter who” orthodoxy, public declarations of that sentiment before the primary is concluded achieves nothing but to encourage the party establishment to once again ignore the needs and desires of the electorate.

If you want to ensure that the Dem candidate recieves the maximum possible vote, focus on making sure that the primary produces a candidate worth supporting.

5 Likes

Yes. Right now we need the best candidate to emerge, not to pretend they’re all flawless and we can’t criticize them. Because they’re all flawed, some more than others.

After the primary, we support the winner against the opposition.

After the general, we hold that person’s feet to the fire to do the right things.

7 Likes