So who did we elect this year?

i’m not advocating just sitting back and letting them anoint whoever they want. i’m just saying that i will vote for whoever ends up with the nomination.

3 Likes

I think the Democratic party has shown quite clearly that isn’t going to shift left very fast. They’ve gotten too big, too ingrown, too sure of their own superiority. It’s the typical inertia of big organizations. I think it will require progressives actually joining the party, moving up in the organization, and getting enough power to actually shift its direction. People like AOC.

Not saying “I’m gonna vote blue regardless” isn’t going to change them. There has to be change from within.

1 Like

Or when Facebook ads from Russia suppressed her voters

2 Likes

i agree.

2 Likes

Beto?

1 Like

Whatever boxes he ticks, he doesn’t have IT, whatever IT is that people like to call charisma. I’m not being sarcastic; I don’t think he can win an election. Good local/state polititian though.

2 Likes

I don’t think any one so far has IT, at least as far as I’m concerned. In fact, I don’t think I’ve seen IT in awhile.

1 Like
3 Likes

Julian Castro seems reasonably menschlike.

1 Like

At least this gives me something to like about Robert Beto

5 Likes
7 Likes

I’ll give you that, but L0pht saved my ass in a previous life, so CoDC always has a warm place in the cockles of my heart.

4 Likes

Opie

2 Likes

That still makes him way more computer literate than most other candidates, especially GOP ones.

10 Likes
16 Likes

Yes yes, but who was the author? :wink:

7 Likes

I know!!!

3 Likes
8 Likes

Good for her.

This election will not be won by Businessist policies from rich lawyers with a promise of less overt fascism than ten years ago. It needs that urge to punch right back at the powerful bigots that promote and fund the dismantling of society.

7 Likes
5 Likes