πŸŒŸπŸš€βœ¨ Space Exploration 🌍⭐🌜

2 Likes

Some discussion of NASA’s alternatives as SpaceX Starship falls behind schedule.

2 Likes

Not April 5. V1 started speaking again on Saturday, April 20, as stated within the article.

4 Likes
4 Likes

… maybe we need a β€œSpace Exploitation” topic

Scottish spaceport moves closer to satellite launches

LONDON, April 25 (Reuters) - Britain’s SaxaVord Spaceport moved a step closer to being able to send satellites into orbit after regulators granted it a licence to provide safety services, paving the way for its first launch later this year.

The Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) said in a statement on Thursday it had approved a range control licence for the SaxaVord site, which is located in the Shetland Islands off the northern coast of Scotland.

3 Likes

Interesting article that popped up in my feed today. It’s a little specific to a certain set of hardware, which is slightly concerning for something using ebay’d old equipment and hacked together gear, but possibly useful? Looks like they cobbled together a decent starter setup for astronomy photos with about $300.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Starliner has launched!

… let’s hope it will land, too.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Does anyone know how to find and search and find public-domain satellite photography? I tried USGS Earth Explorer, but it’s a pain in the ass, and it’s only supposed to be a β€œfinding” β€œaid”. Also NASA Earth Observatory, but it isn’t accessible.

Perhaps @MrShiv may know?

1 Like

3 Likes

I read the book years ago. Can’t remember the movie, though.

Marooned_(novel)

I feel sorry for the Starliner astronauts. I bet they only served stale pretzels on the flight.

2 Likes

HAPPY MOON DAY!!!

Yes, bug, that is a complete sentance.

3 Likes
4 Likes

As NASA hopefully learned from the shuttle Columbia, getting into orbit is only the first part of the problem. Still SMH over NASA’s decision to fly Boeing.

3 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

The pair took off on what was planned to be an eight-day mission on 5 June but will now spend around eight months in orbit.

Maybe the β€œStarliner” should be renamed to the β€œMinnow”.

8 Likes

There is still hope that they might meet the Harlem Globetrotters.

4 Likes