Texas Supreme Court rules that same sex marriage is just a piece of paper

…they’ll repeal Obamacare?

They are the gang that couldn’t shoot straight. I am sympathetic to fears about their posturing, but they’ve almost run out of rope. I sort of wish it scared me because I’d have more empathy to offer you. I can only ask you to trust that the people here who need to learn about this mistake, are learning. We aren’t likely to re-elect him, and he is damaging his own party as much as everything else.

5 Likes

OT but
Why do corps end up like this?

Back in the day we bought what was then a top of the range Dell to do some 2D CAD - it had a 12.5MHz 286! and it worked.
Two weeks after we got it I got a phone call - "Hi, I’m Michael Dell. I understand you recently bought one of our computers. Mind telling me what you’re doing with it?"
Those were the days.

10 Likes

One word, greed…

6 Likes

don’t worry, the TGOP will make sure you can’t get rid of him!! Or them!! EVER!!!

3 Likes

They hire MBAs?

9 Likes

5 Likes

Dude

2 Likes

Dude!! You’re getting a tax break!!

5 Likes

How does that work? What’s the point of having higher courts if they don’t know what they’re doing? I picture an employee having a question about what decision to make and asking their boss for advice and it eventually went all the way up to the CEO who said “Hell if I know what to do. Have the intern make the decision.”

4 Likes

Left to themselves without checks and balances I suspect that the Republicans would start a war against Iran which, due to consistent misreporting in the US media, would be popular. They would also possibly use nuclear weapons against North Korea - the US, remember, is the only country in the world ever to use nuclear weapons and so could well do so again. The effects possibly wouldn’t harm Americans significantly - except for the fallout.

5 Likes

And let’s not forget this continuing catastrophe:

Hospitals getting turned into rubble by Saudi pilots flying American-made planes dropping American-made bombs, reliant on USAF air-to-air refuelling to do it.

8 Likes

Yeah, but that’s not actually going to happen. We’d lose the entire arab world. All of them. And our new BFFs Russia, too.

In short, the generals would never let him, Thats a war we could not ever do anything but lose. I seriously think we would have a military coup if he gave those orders.

Obama couldn’t close Gitmo, for the same reason.

2 Likes

If Trump invades Iran, it won’t be against Russia, it’ll be beside them. If Vlad wants the US military out of a country, he doesn’t need the Russian army; he just has to tell Trump to withdraw them and it’s done.

But, at the moment, it looks like they’re trying to get the Saudis to do it for them. Should be plenty of opportunity for a joint RussoAmerican “peacekeeping” force after that, though.

As for “the generals”…both General Flynn and General Mattis were retired from the military specifically because they were Islamophobic loonies who were deliberately attempting to foment war with Iran.

4 Likes

If you really think that is a plausible thing Trump could do, I encourage you to start a thread and lay out some thought through thoughts on how that could come to pass. Please reference previous successful invasions of Persia, ever. Consider NATOs response.

As for “the generals”…both General Flynn and General Mattis were retired

I very much do not mean retired generals. I mean the Chiefs and Master Sgts, and the Admirals and Generals who work for them. The military is a family, and Trump isn’t a member. They won’t stand for playing toy soldier for that loser.

At least Bush43, being from Texas and having served the ANG was at least arguably one of them before he fell, and he had Colin Powell on his side at the time.

(new thread if you want to respond, please) (i can have this conversation, but don’t need to, and having it here isn’t the right place) ( how do we encourage each other to start new threads when we veer off in conversation, out of respect for the original poster?)

1 Like