The Clubhouse

I’ve created a new category for trust level 2 and above called The Clubhouse.

I welcome any and all feedback.

18 Likes

FRIST!!

Well, there goes my TL2

19 Likes

Could you explain?
What is trust level 2 and what is a “catagory?”

3 Likes
5 Likes

Thank you for that info.

On the whole I don’t feel that a new catagory called “the Clubhouse” would be necessary.

I thought this entire site was a clubhouse of sorts. This sounds like creating a clubhouse inside of a clubhouse. Like that secret restaurant inside of Disneyland.

That’s my immediate reaction to the idea. But tell me, what would its purpose be?

1 Like

Topics in that category are only available to users who are trust level 2 or above.

I had a request for a topic where users could share info that they wanted to be slightly more private than the other categories allowed.

There is also another category called The Lounge that is available by default for users who are trust level 3 or above.

This was a popular category at the other place, and its removal is one of the reasons for the discontent that led to the creation of this place.

13 Likes

Flanged.

8 Likes

Piked

3 Likes
6 Likes

OK.

1 Like

I get this - this is an area where I could have a discussion about things that I don’t want to share with the entire internet - or at least the entire internet that’s managed to behave for a day to get TL1 (TL1 discourages blatant troll​s, but drive-bys still happen at TL0 and a modicum of patience still gets even the rabid to TL1)

So this is the place where I could be a bit more comfortable discussing, say Autism and/or Asperger’s, without having to steel myself to immediately:

• Fight to defend the fact of existence of either, against fact-free opinions, and then
  • Have to bang my head repeatedly while rebutting the well-documented vaccination slander.

…by virtue of having weeded-out the worst of the bad-faith actors.
Do I have the measure of it?

Sounds good. Let’s see how it goes. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Well, yes, but sort of.
Here, at least, there are (currently) 125 users. Of those, 73 (currently) are TL2- by virtue of simply being here and having read & posted some. It’s not terribly selective, in that way.
So it’s somewhat more limited in scope, but a far cry from the old site with ~32k users and (formally) ~110 TL3 users.

Just to put things in perspective.

6 Likes

True, and I don’t want to over-state the protection - even TL 3 isn’t guaranteed troll-proof, though the more reading and posting without excessive flags, the less likely a user is to be of the rabid kind.

Of course, this intended use-case could always be supported by appropriate tweaks to TL2 criteria. :thinking:

7 Likes

But aren’t we all equal? Gamergate dickweeds, Trump trolls, and us alike? /sarcasm/

15 Likes

I didn’t ask for 3 because I don’t think enough of us are at 3 yet to make the post useful. But at the same time, it means a random Googler who hasn’t even bothered to create an account (TL0) can’t just find and read the post. Also, for the nature of the post, having to maintain TL3 requirements to access might be considered overly exclusive or arduous (a good user has to take extended leave then suddenly can’t update). TL2 seemed like a reasonable compromise under the circumstances.

8 Likes

This is going to tie into site moderation policy, and thence the purpose (and trigger thresholds) of TLs, too.

(Just when I thought I’d caused enough headaches in the editorial discussions, too! :wink: )

1 Like

Thank you for doing this.

3 Likes

Cool, now I feel like I’m in a luxury hotel. Once I go from Gold to Jade status I can access the complimentary happy hour!

5 Likes

Are we going to allow Homers?

5 Likes

We’ll allow a homer.

4 Likes