The other place borked?

Anyone else getting this?

bb-borked

8 Likes

looks to be an issue with discourse… I was almost wondering if we hurt the fee fees of some libertardian h@x0rz today.

10 Likes

That’s what I was thinking! :slight_smile:

But as you note, it’s a general issue, although we’re okay…

7 Likes

discourse doesn’t host this instance…

8 Likes

9 Likes

Oh! gotcha!

8 Likes

I’ve had a tab open to the other place but hadn’t refreshed in days… I’m seeing the same thing, though. It does look like they’re working on the issue:

8 Likes

Looks like it’s back up! I guess it happened sometime last night.

5 Likes

Again? Or something new?

5 Likes

Well it appears to be working from my phone now

5 Likes

Ah, yes, me too. I guess I decided to visit at just the wrong time, or something :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It was not working just a bit ago on the PC. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

From the Discourse twitter, it looks like they’ve been dealing with a DDOS attack for the last few hours.

5 Likes

6 Likes

There’s some sort of bad ads being loaded at the front page. There’s a prompt to update either Flash or Google Play Protect, and that pop-up can’t be exited. It’s been showing up all day, and the Mods are on it. The “unhealthy backends” are the latest wrinkle.

I’m not going to try my luck by checking the front page. I typically just head straight for the forum anyway. :smiley:

6 Likes

I got the Adobe flash thing too. Very peculiar. I wonder if it was legit.

2 Likes

I doubt it. I’m not even sure if Flash is supported any more, and from what I recall, the Update popup always gave you the option to do it later. From what people have said, the popup they got had no way to close it.

3 Likes

Yup, no way to close it. Scary! That made it seem fake.

3 Likes

It was as it is for most sites the ad provider. And it still is a game of whack a mole for them with the bad actors.

5 Likes

it’s almost like allowing unvetted actors to place arbitrary code automatically on websites is a bad, bad idea, and even more insulting that it’s being done for fractions of a penny

12 Likes