The other place borked?

Thanks!

3 Likes

Getting this when I just tried to go to the bbs:

Site does not exist!

4 Likes

Oh the joys of early adoption of updates.

5 Likes

@nightflyer, @Melizmatic, @come_to_mumma, whoever else, anyone able to get into the BBS at BB? Iā€™m not even getting an error page, but it just flat refuses to go thereā€¦ I canā€™t even get in via the main page?

You can see I have BB up, and I tried to click through to the BBSā€¦ and nothing?

4 Likes

Looks like itā€™s working for me currentlyā€¦

2 Likes

Hmmm. I know the BBS is up and running, as I was just there. But if I go to BB and its articles, Iā€™m not seeing comment links in the articles Iā€™ve checked. Maybe Discourse is broken somehow?

This is the first time in a long time Iā€™ve used the front page at all; I usually head straight to bbs.boingboing.net instead.

4 Likes

Okay, so itā€™s just me, thenā€¦ I tried it on a private browser window and that was fineā€¦ Fucking weirdā€¦ Firefox is the only browser I have on this machineā€¦ maybe Iā€™ll download another and try it there later on.

Thanks all!

5 Likes

Might try restarting Firefox? Iā€™ve very occasionally seen something similar where a page starts having problems but works in private browsing, though not often enough to usually think about it during troubleshooting.

3 Likes

Could be! Iā€™ll give that a shot in a little bit!

I did just that and it got me sorted!

Thanks!

4 Likes

It was very slow earlier today (like 7am: now almost 8pm) and I couldnā€™t get here to load a page at all, so only seeing this now. Iā€™m on Firefox on my Samsung galaxy 9 if that helps.

2 Likes

The problem fixed for me when I re-loaded my browser. You might try that, too.

2 Likes

The BBS crashes every so often for some reason; it usually clears itself within a matter of minutes.

Not sure if itā€™s browser related, or not.

Also, sorry about the late reply; by the time I saw this message the site was working againā€¦

3 Likes

No worries! Thanks!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve actually seen this in iOS Safari as well. It just gets kind ofā€¦ stuck. I have to completely close the tab and reopen it. Itā€™s really weird ā€” I donā€™t see this with any other Discourse sites.

1 Like

Welpā€¦

2 Likes

6 Likes

I miss you, too, comrade!!!

khrushchev-castro

6 Likes