The Side Alley, Outside the Leviathan Club: Medellin Edition - Redux

A place and time where Citizen-Dreamers often find themselves and their ilk.

4 Likes

mutters to self

I canā€™t believe Cmdr Piker dismissed my findings about the subspace interruption. That just not like himā€¦

5 Likes

ā€¦ ww

Who goes there?

5 Likes

The fast clatter of stiff, hard soled shoes on cobblestones hangs for half a beat before their owner continues his hurried pace down the street.

6 Likes

Hey there, boyo.

Ya got any nuts on ya? Cashews would be a delight, but some walnuts or almonds would see me right I suppose.

Did I see ya hanging with olā€™ Beardy in there?

Coat rack in there is me ā€œLord and Masterā€ā€¦no not the bloke tending bar, ā€œLordā€ Farnsworth. Hmmm. Mr. Farnsworth in this place. Heā€™d best not hear me say that.

So, what is it? Nuts for your new bestie?

10 Likes

Oi!

Who seen that Mud Bug (@Eighth) I heard heā€™s down for a good time.

7 Likes

a large blue space lobster approaches, feeling his way down the alley more than walking

Um, hello.

You smell like food. But my overly-human ward says I should try to ask anything before I try to eat it.

That said, I think I smell some cashews, or at least old peanuts, in the food repository behind the kitchen. It has the most delightful colleciton of smells - Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s even sandfish.

Care to join me for a ā€œdiveā€?

7 Likes

Oh hai there Mister Rocfkord!

Nuts, do I have nuts! My mom, Dr. Crusher, always insisted I have nuts for breafast. She says theyā€™re the healthiest, and after 540 sols or two, I can attest to assimilating to them.

You can share from my ration. Borg knows, I donā€™t eat them alls.

8 Likes

6 Likes

Oi! Thereā€™s a mate fer ye. Righto.

[Chomp. Chomp. Chomp]

Look, me and Big Blue ( @Eighth ) 'ere were about to go do a bit of scavenging.

Now, I wasnā€™t so much lookinā€™ for any comestibles, but a right fancy place like this always getting rid of odds and sods just because they might need a bit of polish. Now Iā€™m not saying Coat Rack doesnā€™t provide, but his idea of fashion and mine tend to be, well, divergent.

And a young man, such as yerself, aught to be thinking of being the most presentable he can be. I saw there was to be a Grand Ball coming up and it is never too soon to be looking for a someone to settle down with and pay your bills, iffinā€™ ya know what I mean.

Cā€™mon mate. Letā€™s go 'have a bit-o-fun.

7 Likes

Delightful idea, Rockford!

Letā€™s Jump in!

Eighth begins to burrow into midden. His pereiopods quickly move through the heap, antennules deftly scanning, touching, sampling everything within touch. The maxilipeds rapidly sort through bits, larger and small

Hmm, uncle was right. The open-air mass spectrometer is a wonder.

How odd, organics that arenā€™t meant to be eaten? Cellulose makes a fine energy source if one recalibrates the gut flora correctly. Ah well, uncle says I need to learn the ways of these strange sentients who wear their bones on the inside.

hmm. extra phenyl group on the third chain. Defineitly a cis-isomer.

HEY ROCKY, I THINK I FOUND A BRAZIL NUT FOR YOU!

8 Likes

[sotto voce] ā€œHmmmā€¦ wonder what advantage there might be gained from aththothiating with thith lot. Not entirely clear that theyā€™re all not mad, or at leatht completely utheleth to our aimth. Better keep an eye out for an angleā€¦ā€

8 Likes

Oh, Hey there young maiden.

Mm. Mymm My Name is Ensign Crusher.

You can call me Walleye.

8 Likes

Eighth moves backward from the dumpster. Approaches the two newcomers, antennules waving all around them. Makes motions to draw close to use the maxilipeds, but hesitates. Mumbles distractedly to no one in particular

A sensor integration issue worthy of careful analysis. One is clearly a space lizard with a faux-humanoid carapace. Seems reasonable to me. Almost certainly a delicious brunch, but probably not worth the fuss.

But this other. The chemosensors scream piscine, but the visuals and acoustic register strongly humanoid. Oh ā€“ I bet thatā€™s a tasty one. But to create such a dual channel aspect takes an advanced intelligence, and I remember what I was told about asking before I eatā€¦

Eighth draws himself into a formal posture, awkardly and with clear discomfort

Greetings, fellow Gentlesentients. ā€˜Eightth Landau,ā€™ ward of Julius Rothschild Karekin, at your service.

Did any of you bring a salt shaker, er, I mean, would you care to join us in our culinary exploration?

10 Likes

Oh bother.

Now I have to be off to Dance Lessons. I much preferred Chemistry consultations with Lady Jane Rhys. Oh well.

I am looking forward to a jaunt with Wesley to the Sandfishery soon. The should be delectable.

5 Likes

[ a shimmer atop one of the alleyā€™s walls goes unnoticed by the alleyā€™s occupants ]

IMG_3445

Isnā€™t this an interesting little scene.

[ puffs pipe, chews the stem a bit ]

3 Likes

'Ello, 'allo, aaaaaaalllllooooooo!

Hee hee hee hee

Oompf, good thing that wall was there, eh?

takes a long pull off a half empty bottle

and another

and one moreā€¦

So! Whatā€™s the game gents? Whatā€™s there for some fun 'round 'ere?

4 Likes

Ensign, @Chewseen, are you ready to depart for our Sandfishery inquiry?

4 Likes

Right then, nice to see you too Big Blue.

4 Likes

OI Tom @Tom_Ratchetcrank

This fishery boondoggle is something our wards are making us do. We supposed to head out to the New Territories and ā€œevaluate.ā€ Should be delicious.

Wanna come along? thereā€™s room in the carriage

6 Likes