Threadsplit - Space Exploration : Star Trek Solar Sails

Wasn’t that chekhov?

4 Likes

all you’re missing is the necessary generations movie tie-in ( ouch. well that sewing pun fit in seamlessly )

the episode starts with the bridge crew all dressed up in sailing regalia, headed to the holo deck for the 1800s sailing ship version of the enterprise

since none of them have actually been sailing, when it turns out they need to repair jones’ solar sail, they have to rope in the holodeck captain of the 1800s ship

the inevitable conflict between the holodeck captain and captain jones tears at fabric of the enterprise crew, some siding with the real captain, some with the holdeck character

data mends the rift, patching things up before the end of the episode. exactly how happens off screen, data tells the yarn while on the view screen we see the solar sail ship shuttle away

before the episode is completely buttoned up, it’s relevaed that the holodeck character actually goes with captain jones. data has invented the precursor of the voyager’s doctor’s mobile emitter

there’s actually a spin off in voyager where a stitch in time saves seven of nine… but maybe best saved for another time

8 Likes

Not that Davy Jones.

Not me. I got that covered if you read the moving last line to my Solar Sail Plot # 2.

5 Likes

I couldn’t pin it down at first, but something was needling me about your comment. I finally cottoned on. Crafty.

9 Likes

Not just crafty. Space crafty.

6 Likes

Davy, Schmavey.
Room for both in the Navy.
Yes, you can sail the seven seas
In the navy.
Etc.

5 Likes

it was a tough needle to thread :wink:

8 Likes

All those angels get in the way. Pining for the fjords no doubt.

5 Likes

some of these remind me of this episode

5 Likes

Maybe don’t use the camel hair fiber next time.

6 Likes