Today's view

Seems to me I recall seeing a version of this in a model railroad magazine:

3 Likes

Those used to be all across the south… There was a book about it a while ago… Here it is…

5 Likes

The fans of 45 up the street & on the corner have a couple of miniatures of those barns as tree decos.

And they aren’t birdhouses either.

2 Likes

It is. I love the mountains around here and how much land is still undeveloped. It’s so nice here.

3 Likes

It’s iconic! I love the See Rock City barns all around here. That would be a great addition to a model railroad.

3 Likes

I have chosen “Allow Comments” but for some reason they’re disabled. I deleted then re-uploaded the same video with a new title and description. So I dunno. I’ve not had this problem before.

1 Like

We just drove through Chattanooga yesterday on our way back home from my parents’ place.

It’s on the list of places we could move to if we won the lottery and wanted to quietly retire someplace neat. My spouse has daydreams about volunteering at the aquarium, and I mostly just love the mountains.

5 Likes

We’d love to show you around. It’s not that expensive if you go just a little ways out of the city proper. It’s easy to get to a little bit of a rural area that is driveable tot he city. We’ve had a lot of new people coming in because of the great internet and liveability of the city and they are driving housing prices up, but it’s still a lot more affordable than other places.

4 Likes

due to the cold weather, all the blooms in my previous picture are still in bloom while the last two of the buds came into bloom today.
that’s 23 days and counting for the oldest blooms in this picture. in the heat of the summer, it’s only like 3 days from full bloom to brown and falling apart.

7 Likes

My snapdragon still had one flower on it.

3 Likes

From about ten minutes ago:
IMG_20211213_104349

3 Likes

WIN_20211213_13_00_47_Pro

6 Likes

In Portugal:

4 Likes

It’s beautiful, and easy to find, right in town.

So many beautiful tile murals there!

3 Likes

BTW, I love your avatar. A pair of blue jays have moved in nearby or in one of the trees in my back yard. We’ve got a pair of cardinals in the cedar of Lebanon, they’ve been there for a while.

2 Likes

Outside my south-facing dining-room (LOTS OF LITTLE SPARKLY FLASHING!!!)

3 Likes

I decided to redeco my room. Still working on it.
IMG_20220320_132421

BTW, this is the NE corner of not just my room, but of my house.

7 Likes

Cozy!

4 Likes

East wall and covered windows.
IMG_20220321_210859

South wall.
IMG_20220321_210908

West wall.
IMG_20220321_210926

2 Likes