Traveling and Overlays

I am booking my flight now.

3 Likes

The other two things they will add to shave ice on request (besides your choice of tropical fruit syrup): sweet black beans (it’s a Chinese thing; I tried it, a bit too chewy and beany) and li hing mui powder. It’s this sour-sweet pink dust made from dried salted plums, and makes the fruit flavors go zing! Holy crap I want some shave ice.

4 Likes

3 Likes

Beautiful island. That one I have spent a good amount of time on, though I wasn’t able to do the whole sightseeing thing.

And when I went back to visit, I ended up with a massive sunburn when the pleasant weather made me forget the lotion. I don’t recommend that part of the experience. It can be deceptively cool even with the sun blazing.

4 Likes

Yay for having more melanin!

Though I do still have to use some sunscreen, though; so thanks for the reminder.

7 Likes

Just printed our boarding passes and booked an AirBnB for our layover on the way home. We’re ‘outie 5000’ tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck; flying always makes me anxious.

15 Likes

Remember - if god had meant us to fly he would have let us invent aeroplanes :wink:

6 Likes

Have fun! Can’t wait to see pics!

4 Likes

Thanks!

Gotta remember to pack the camera; my 5s takes terrible pics.

3 Likes

I hope everything goes fantastically. Have lots of fun, then have extra fun for me!

3 Likes

Have a truly wonderful trip!

3 Likes

Thank ya kindly; will do!

Thanks Mr. P.

10 Likes

Pics:

19 Likes

Oooohhh.

5 Likes

Looks amazing. Thank you for sharing. Reminds me in less than a month I will be in the tropics. Seattle is nice and all but my heart yearns for big blue sky and water.

5 Likes

Beautiful! I can’t show Mrs. P, she’ll be too jealous and start asking when we can go. It’s her favorite place on Earth.

But dammit, now I wanna go too!

5 Likes

So, group meetup in Hawaii???

10 Likes

Agreed, monday?

5 Likes

That looks like quite a hotel.

2 Likes

Right?

No worries; pics were a must for a place so pretty.

My bad!

:stuck_out_tongue:

That’s not where we stayed, of course; but I thought the architecture was damn impressive.

:wink:

6 Likes