Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

Thanks! That’s very interesting.
Yeah, I think I should have put this in the Wha. . . this is the stupidest thing I’ve read thread.

8 Likes

@ChickieD, thanks for moving these.

6 Likes

Okay, to some of you this may make sense…BUT NOT TO ME, LOLOLOLOLOL!
https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/icebreaker-questions-to-use-when-meeting-new-people?from=career_guide_newsletter_2019_08_jsx_for_cg_us_template_v1&utm_campaign=jsx_for_cg&utm_source=career_guide_newsletter_2019_08_jsx_for_cg_us_template_v1&utm_medium=email

5 Likes

Thread (I advise not having anything at hand to throw at your screen, especially when you reach Tweet #4):

4 Likes

You’d think he’d be ashamed to be so terrified of a girl.

10 Likes

There’s so much to unpack here. You have the Deputy Press Secretary making a statement that nobody asked for Pence is totally not anti gay. And for evidence he points out that Pence had a meal with the PM of the country he was in - who so happened to be gay. Like he was supposed to just tell him to fuck off or something.

I guess what do we make of Trump’s meetings with various fascist and authoritarian dictators based on this logic?

9 Likes

My ideal answer for almost all of those would be something along the lines of, “I’ll do some introspection on that and get back to you.” I guess some people just go around memorizing those questions and canned answers to them?

6 Likes

17 Likes

Also in, the administration is totally not racist. They are friends with Kanye.

9 Likes

I’m reminded of this immensely painful exchange:

11 Likes

My brain hurts now.

10 Likes

And, in the same email that provided me with that information…

https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/resumes-cover-letters/how-to-format-a-cover-letter-example?from=career_guide_newsletter_2019_08_jsx_for_cg_us_template_v1&utm_campaign=jsx_for_cg&utm_source=career_guide_newsletter_2019_08_jsx_for_cg_us_template_v1&utm_medium=email

3 Likes

The person who I know who wrote a book on resumes says pretty much no one reads the cover letters. They take about 7 seconds to skim a resume. I kinda do a form cover just do it’s there.

11 Likes

So do I.

6 Likes

I can remember getting 2 cover letters over the last 4 years of hiring people. And neither made any difference.

Speculating here, but perhaps they were of more use when you didn’t tweak a resume for practically every job (or type of job) you’re applying for.

I know when I first entered the workforce, you had your One True Resume™ and then you cover letter explained why YOU were the right candidate for Position X.

But, then, everything about what I was taught in “How to be a slavewage 101” seemed dated at the time as well.

15 Likes

I realize this has been posted elsewhere, but it needs to be here too. This the dumbest thing I have ever seen. Not even the Onion on their best day could come up with something so profoundly stupid.

10 Likes

“If we just draw this little line here, I won’t look like I spaced out and started talking about a completely different state, right?”

7 Likes

What? You don’t see it. Alabama is totally in the path!

Please make him go away now. Please.

6 Likes

This comes closest,

context:

so, aug 28 or 29. Possibly the Most Likely Arrival Time of Tropical Storm Force Winds product.

But a thought occurs to me. Why should we waste time searching for ways to give Trump partial credit?

3 Likes

The obvious question for Trump is: so, what you’re saying is, you don’t care at all about Florida or Georgia?

6 Likes