Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

WTF? Not even worth the photo.

2 Likes
3 Likes

And the Sacred Band was Theban and was part of the orce which defeated the Spartans.

2 Likes

Here’s a humorous essay about it:

4 Likes

Meh. I started baking my own bread early this year when I found a loaf of store bought white bread that had been hidden behind some other stuff in my pantry for about 3 months. That bread was still soft and mold free, and I thought, “Yeah, that doesn’t seem normal.” I make a very simple white bread using only flour, salt, yeast, and water, and a no-knead method. And a happy byproduct of this bread for me has been that, unlike store bought bread, it doesn’t trigger my GERD. It costs probably less than $1 to make in ingredients and requires about 20 minutes of actual labor on my part. So I’m definitely not buying some $40 loaf of bread made with 16 different ingredients. That’s ridiculous. What a grift.

6 Likes

My wife’s been making bread for years. It’s so much better than the store bought stuff. She uses a bread machine to all the mixing and kneading, but shapes and bakes it herself, in beautiful braids of various designs, including a six strand loaf.

Paying that much a loaf is ridiculous, especially one with such a stupid name. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

What’s funny is I have a bread machine and it’s collecting dust. I never like the texture of the breads it made (I like bread that is soft and airy inside) and then I learned how to make rustic, no-knead bread, which is perfect for my lazy ass.

6 Likes

My postmaster who is the nicest guy was very affected by the feminist message and was telling everyone to go and see it. So, I suspect that if you haven’t thought too much about inequality, it’s a little start toward opening your eyes.

4 Likes

not the dumbest thing I’ve read, but :roll_eyes:

Hunter Biden investigations are a growing threat to President Biden’s reelection: analysis

1 Like

Mooooove over, Florida Man.

Officers in Norfolk, about 120 miles northwest of Omaha, were dispatched at 10:05 a.m. CT for a call for a “vehicle with a cow inside” rolling through town, police records showed.

The 9-year-old animal, which is half-Longhorn and half-Watusi, weighed 2,200 pounds two years ago, and it is probably tipping the scales a little more now, Meyer said.

Passenger cars are often retrofitted to transport animals, a state Department of Motor Vehicles attorney said Thursday.

5 Likes

Now, let me be clear, finding the bass isn’t the dumbest thing I’ve ever read.

But this quote from the article is:

The Lost Bass Project is appealing for information about what it describes as “the most important bass in history”.

Surly the bass Dragonetti demonstrated to Beethoven would be more important.

Also there is this:

The missing bass also looked very different last time it was seen to how it did in older pictures, because it had to be renovated after extensive touring. McCartney’s missing bass was given a darker paint job, had the pearl pickguard removed and had the two pickups mounted in a single piece of black wood.

No. Even I, a rock and roll sceptic, know that McCartney had two basses. And the newer one, pictured above, he still has. The original one can be seen half way down the article. In the recent past, just to make things confusing, he bought a duplicate of the original.

If I got that wrong I will delete the second half of this post.

4 Likes

John Lennon’s stolen guitar sold for $2.4m (£1.9m) when it resurfaced half a century later, and the acoustic Kurt Cobain played during the iconic MTV Unplugged set sold for $6m (£4.76m).
McCartney’s era-defining bass would likely surpass both - but the Lost Bass Project team are clear that there is no commercial motivation for their search.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I call bullshit.

4 Likes

brian-blessed-laugh

4 Likes
  • Riddle me this: when does falling asleep in a car result in being charged with eight crimes? The answer: when it’s a stolen car, doesn’t have plates, you’re drunk, there are “controlled substances” in the vehicle, you tried to flee from a police officer, and you were on probation at the time. A couple of these resulted in two charges, which is how we got to eight alleged crimes.

• This is not quite up to par with the almost identical case I mentioned a few months ago, because that guy had parked in the handicapped spot in front of a police station. It “seemed like a safe place to rest,” he told police, but it wasn’t really.

2 Likes

Just look in Maine

2 Likes

3 Likes

Green claims he received more royalties from Big Mouth Billy Bass than from any other recordings of the song.

6 Likes
4 Likes

AI Girlfriends are Ruining an Entire Generation of Men

The rise of virtual artificial intelligence (AI) girlfriends is enabling the silent epidemic of loneliness in an entire generation of young men. It is also having severe consequences for America’s future.

These young men are lonely, and it is having real consequences. They are choosing AI girlfriends over real women, meaning they don’t have relationships with real women, don’t marry them and then don’t have and raise babies with them. America desperately needs people to have more babies, but all the signs are pointing toward fewer relationships, fewer marriages and fewer babies. There have been 600,000 fewer births in 2023 in the U.S. relative to 15 years ago. The number of children per woman has decreased by more than 50 percent in the last 60 years.

7 Likes

So, which is it, screed article writer?

Is it that men don’t get married and have kids, or that women are not having as many kids?

Is it total population number this writer is worried about, or the fact that each individual man is unable to carry on his unique genes (and his surname), the way God intended?

6 Likes