Um.... what.... aka, this is the dumbest thing I've ever read

The truth will never come out. Not even with extraction forceps.

3 Likes
5 Likes

Sponsor of bill

Isn’t wearing hayets inside rude?

4 Likes

While I wasn’t paying attention, Stanley vacuum bottles have suddenly become the new Beanie Babies.

5 Likes

I am super out of touch with anything current or fashionable, and I’ve used the same couple of water bottles for years. My father’s death was partially caused by dehydration, and it did something to his bowel that needed surgery, and that was too much for his kidneys and there were a couple of strokes. So, not direct cause, but related.

So, ever since January 2019, I’ve tried to keep up my hydration intentionally and bought a fancy thermal bottle. So, like, I almost get it? But what I don’t get is the collecting. I have one by my bed for my early morning medicine, and one that carry around. It’s enough!

There’s something more here, but it missed me. Is it like with my sister, who has so many Vans that she has matching shoes for every single outfit? That’s my best guess!

3 Likes

same. i got an insulated water bottle at the thrift store, and i just carry it everywhere. it sits by the bedside at night for middle-of-the-night hydrating sips. It only carries water.

The thing that blows my mind is that people are freaking out because they are realizing that the Stanley ones (gasp!) need to be CLEANED. i mean, i only put water in my bottle, but some people put coffee, protein drinks, who knows what else in theirs… and they never considered that they needed to be cleaned, or else they would get moldy?? how do these people even LIVE?

6 Likes

Plus isn’t part of the “water” trend that it isn’t just water? Like, it’s got flavors and sugars and who knows what else? All that’s bad enough, but to not wash a thing that one puts one’s mouth on? That’s gnarly!

3 Likes

I highly recommend you read the article if you haven’t. It starts dumb and it just keeps going. This is a nation-wide trend.

2 Likes

That’s wild, I’ve never witnessed blatant thievery like that before. I don’t get out much, but still.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, that’s weird. The representative who introduced the bill claims he’s making a point about restoring civility, but he’s a member of the very caucus (the Freedom Caucus, of course) that’s causing the lack of civility.

5 Likes
7 Likes

2 Likes

“We’re talking about the ones that are on crack, and they break your door down, and they’re standing in your living room growling and tearing your house apart,” Shoaf told the committee. “When you run into one of these crack bears, you should be able to shoot it, period.” Right. This isn’t some crazy piece of legislation like people have been saying. It’s just to make sure the people of Florida can defend themselves from home invasions by violent, drug-addled crack bears.

Someone watched Cocaine Bear and thought it was a true-to-life documentary…

5 Likes

This could make a great sequel.

Crack Bear! The Taking of Tallahassee

Only Beau can save them.

2 Likes
6 Likes

So if there is only one that would survive implantation and coming to term, what do you do with the others?

6 Likes

Find people in which to implant them, I guess. These people don’t even understand basic biology. Soylent Green might be made of people, but embryos are just cells trying to become people.

SIGH, don’t wanna live on this planet any more, etc., etc. ad nauseum.

5 Likes

My best friend’s daughter has frozen embryos, so this ruling is personally affecting their family and I am very upset about it.

7 Likes

I feel as though we’re living in 13th century Europe and not 21st century USA.

Your best friend’s daughter and all women who live in Alabama deserve better. And I can’t type any more about it, else I’ll get more enraged. And that motherfucker Trump privately supports a 16-week ban.

6 Likes