Wanderthread Redux (Part 1)

Stochastic terrorism.

4 Likes

“Features a discussion on gun advocacy”

No charitable meals unless you sit through our sermon.

4 Likes

And in case anyone wasn’t sure how to think about homeless people, now they know they’re ‘issues’ one calls rapid-response hotlines over. Norms: established and perpetuated.

4 Likes

Sounds more like “no cruise unless you sit through our high-pressure timeshare sales pitch” to me.

3 Likes

I need to start playing that more often.

4 Likes

I’m often tempted to post that song, but I hesitate to do so.

Not because I’m afraid of offending landlords, but because I know that Black Americans are justifiably sensitive about casual misuse of the word “lynch” (eg: whenever some right-wing turd refers to left-wing criticism as a “lynch mob”).

It’s probably fine, but I tend to err on the side of caution with touchy issues like that. It’s an Aspie habit; when in doubt, don’t speak.

4 Likes

Timely:

4 Likes

Transcript:

3 Likes
7 Likes

(scrolling text in video)

3 Likes
3 Likes

Thread.

3 Likes
6 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

It’s actually really weird to miss the unity of Rome but hate the EU? Anything that was good about the Pax Romana is more or less captured by it, unless you miss the multicultural milieu including north Africans and middle Easterners, which I’m sure he does not. I guess he misses the authoritarian slave-state part, or is one of those people who imagines that because they weren’t (gasp) Muslims they were all basically English, or something.

3 Likes

I’m sure that what he misses is Britain being a vassal state to a central European power, and having to pay taxes to the mainland. That must be it.

4 Likes
4 Likes

Fuck the royals, but this one is pretty horrendous even by the routinely-racist standards of Australian media:

(text graphics in vid)

4 Likes
5 Likes