2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like
5 Likes
5 Likes

5 Likes

Last nerve gas landmine destroyed at Umatilla facility

I stayed at a hotel near Umatilla once.

The Emergency Alarm in each room and instructions on which direction to run in the event of a accident at the Umatilla Facility was enough to make me not want to live there.

2 Likes
3 Likes

If that’s what an epic defeat looks like, what exactly would a non-epic defeat be?

I mean, you know I fully agree with the idea that the Democratic party needs to take a serious look at why anyone would support it. As the article says, this includes sticking up for the interests of blacks, Latinos, and really most whites, working class and poor, pretty much everyone except the Wall Street donors they have been pandering to. I do think they should also care about securing elections from foreign interference à la Russia – but even more about securing them from domestic interference à la PACs and other propaganda, voter suppression, gerrymandering, you name it.

I’d say any of those things could equally be pointed to as key in Trump’s victory, because truth is, it looks like he won by the narrowest of margins. It’s become cliche to say he lost the popular vote, and cliche to reply that the popular vote doesn’t decide things, but look: statisticians were giving him a 40% chance of winning if not lower. I have seen no reason to believe that was so wrong. And absolutely, full shame on the Democratic party that it was ever that high, that any outcome other than crushing this incompetent racist was on the table. But that’s still different from an inevitable landslide against them.

And I think one of the problems with them now is that they keep acting like it was one. Like they suffered a horrible rout on election day, when the whole public embraced Trump instead, and so ever since they’ve needed to be delicate, not having the support to really oppose this popular juggernaut. It’s not true and it only makes them more useless.

2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

Thread:

3 Likes
1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes