Wanderthread Redux (Part 1)

2 Likes

1 Like
1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes
1 Like

Since 2016, I’ve been saying that y’all have a limited amount of time to get a non-violent revolution going before someone decides to start a violent one.

I think that you’re very close to the deadline on that, if you haven’t already passed it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Hey @Wanderfound, what do you think?

(Edited for cleaner link and pic)

4 Likes

A dynamic you may want to consider for what to avoid:

https://pluralistic.net/2020/09/13/theory-of-change/#surkov-koch

Continue on through the segment on Mat Bors and Mr. Gotcha.

2 Likes

1 Like

The Dems could massively increase their vote just by supporting M4A, living wages, ending the wars, etc. etc.

The fact that they will not demonstrates that their commitment to serving the donor class outweighs their desire to defeat Trump. All of their claims about “defeating Trump is the #1 priority” are bullshit.

1 Like
2 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes

Those devious asiatics at it again…

Quote from an unnamed “five eyes intelligence officer”. It was originally in this article:

…but it looks like they trimmed the quote once they realised that they’d let the racism show a bit too obviously.

1 Like

I still don’t get why other countries have so many diverse political parties that are allowed to participate in government, and the US refuses to allow that to happen. Like we haven’t become just as bad as what the Pilgrims allegedly were “escaping” from; they just brought a different brand before branding became a thing.

In many countries, the parliament was formed and/or shaped during a period of violent struggle between left and right. There was no expectation of bipartisanship; politics was recognised as a venue of class warfare.

In the USA, the Congress was formed as a means of settling relatively minor disagreements within the aristocracy, who were themselves unified against the poor. It was deliberately designed to exclude representation of the lower classes.

The first post-independence Oz government was a coalition between the ALP and the Protectionist Party, in opposition to the Free Trade Party; workers and farmers vs big business, basically.

Regrettably, both the ALP and the Protectionists were also hyper-racist; their common cause was opposition to immigration and imports.

2 Likes