Wanderthread Redux (Part 2)

Due to 200 cases over the period of a month, the Chinese government has now reintroduced a lockdown in Xi’an (13 million people). And is delivering food to households, so folks aren’t forced into risking their lives just to feed their kids.

1 Like
2 Likes

Migawd, I shoulda died when I was seven, then.

1 Like
1 Like

2 Likes
1 Like

Both Tim Wilson and Marise Payne are far-right grifting scum (and Australian parliamentarians). They have as much credibility on issues of “freedom” as Mike Pompeo.

1 Like

3 Likes
2 Likes

Considering he wields/has wielded power himself, I find that to be sad but not surprising.

It would be like HRC saying the same thing, only substitute the word “power” with the word “men” (and “doesn’t” to "don’t).

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

And I’m the Queen of Rumania.

1 Like

Bright side: the hard-to-deny obvious physical reality of the Covid disaster makes it much harder for establishment power to pretend that their bullshit is functional and benevolent.

Dark side: establishment power doesn’t give a shit, and has no intention of altering its behaviour in the slightest.

2 Likes
3 Likes

“But at what cost?”

4 Likes
2 Likes

I get it - and I try not to let it get to me, but I don’t try hard enough, cos if I succeed, I’ll just accept that it’s the only way things are gonna go. And that could mean death to me.

1 Like