Wanderthread Redux (Part 2)

2 Likes
3 Likes

Incidentally: the idea that “Democrats support and Republicans oppose immigration because immigrants vote Democrat” was repeatedly presented as an obvious bipartisan truth in the scripts for Sorkin’s West Wing. Because Sorkin is an ignorant racist arse.

1 Like

While the US media is busy with it’s usual routine, Biden just quietly announced a massive expansion of AFRICOM.

“Why are poor Americans so reluctant to go and get vaccinated?”

i just had lunch with a friend who insisted that Antifa, not right wing white supremacy was the greatest threat to our nation because Antifa are a bunch of communist anarchists (pretty sure that’s a conflict of terms like Jumbo Shrimp).

He insisted that Portland was still under siege from Antifa, and buildings were being burned down with people in them. I don’t know if that happened during the Portland riots, but I never heard about that.

And this friend is not a trump supporter or a republican, but has just been taken in by the right wing narrative.

1 Like
1 Like

There are fires, but they tend to combine building neglect and houseless schizophrenia. Arson is more of a nazi or a provocateur thing.

1 Like
1 Like

Industrial rights are a feminist issue.

2 Likes

3 Likes

To be fair, Bush had widespread bipartisan support for his unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq.

1 Like

And that’s why I don’t go to therapy.

1 Like