Wanderthread

And she’s not even very good at fundraising.

True… all true.

tudors-henry-oh-my

3 Likes

One of the fundamental questions a party can put before its members is, “What kind of donors do we want?”

3 Likes

Thread.

1 Like

1 Like

Why the FBI had files on Dorothy:

3 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

https://twitter.com/georgeschmitz/status/1032457467442020352?s=21

3 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

At least in this case a journalist had to go find someone to give a statement on Alex Jones and the organization is in no way helping Alex Jones. 13 months ago they would be trying to start legal action for him, and smugly dismissing anyone questioning it as not getting what real freedom was.

The thing is though, ACLU aren’t wrong:

Twitter et al need to own it and say “you can’t be a racist, nazi-enabling piece of shit on our platform” instead of hiding behind “hate speech” as a catch-all term for whatever is getting them the worst political attention at the time.

By all means clamp down on racists and Nazis but at least have the decency to come out and say it. Deliberately ambiguous moderation policies will eventually hurt reasonable people far more than they will ever hurt Nazis.

4 Likes

Something I just stumbled across…

Liberals like to sneer about how Fox viewers are all old, which is true.

Guess what the average age of CNN and MSNBC viewers is…

Sixty isn’t what it used to be, but it ain’t young either.

2 Likes

That precedent was set long before they booted Alex Jones. They’ve been suppressing politically unpopular speech forever.

I wasn’t posting just for the ACLU bit, though. “Give your money directly to the folks who need it” is good advice across the board.

Stop donating to big, established liberal organisations; they’re all corrupt/wasteful/ineffective. Get the resources to the people at street level; distribute some food, buy some books, put up bail money for some protestors. Stop investing in bureaucracy, start investing in people.

And for fuck’s sake, stop giving money to the goddamned Democratic party.

1 Like