Wanderthread

McMaster was installed in a hurry, as an attempt to quiet the PR damage from Flynn’s dismissal. It’s likely that he wasn’t fully vetted for Trumpist loyalty.

It looks like he may have been insufficiently enthusiastic behind the scenes about the Bannonite agenda. Hence, the Breitbart and Russian push to get him ditched.

McMaster has no real authority, anyway; if his advice is ignored, he’s powerless.

2 Likes

If that is the case, then there is no effective resistance to Trump. And, based on current events and American history, there is going to be war. Korea, Iran, wherever; they’re going to attack somewhere. American Presidents always do.

At the very least, thousands will die. Quite likely, millions. And, again, based upon American history, support for the government and military will sharply increase as soon as they start dropping bombs.

Is there anything that could motivate the non-fascist half of white America to act before it is too late?

2 Likes

Not really, no. Their kids are the hope, but there is a huge mess of problems with all aspects of politics in the US since our media is filtered through profiteers. The response of the true American left has been more critical of the opposition to Trump, the lay-American (especially the older than 50 crowd) are most sensitive to the military being criticized in any way and media for them is literally full of “it’s no you, the children are wrong” articles even though the children are now in their 30s, and the American far right doesn’t even understand they are extremely right-wing and don’t understand that they are getting more extreme every year. Then again, most Americans have not realized that after cutting tax rates by half the country slid off a cliff for the middle class - so more tax cuts are the solution, after all my chosen pundit told me so. /end rant

At this point I fully expect I will be an expat in the next few years.

6 Likes

So where in the world do you think is safe from America?

Eventually, the Trumpists are either going to be taken down or conquer/devastate the world. They aren’t isolationists.

The worst case scenario is the global Trumpeter Reich. The best case scenario is Americans deal with their fascists themselves.

In between those extremes is the third option: the Trumpeters are taken down by an outside alliance, led by China.

3 Likes

Key sentence:

5 Likes
10 Likes

6 Likes

This one is true.

5 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes
3 Likes

Inspired by.

3 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

And again:

4 Likes

I love the part about how his resignation will make it possible for his daughter to become a state judge.

4 Likes

Another one:

Democratic leadership blaming the left for Charlottesville.

Toscano, of course, is a DNC/Clintonite Dem who massively outspent his Bernie-backed rival in the primary.

4 Likes
4 Likes